PhocusWire Pulse events are a series of virtual gatherings of industry leaders and guests, dedicated to a single trend or topic in the sector.
The first is focused on one of the most important elements of the industry's efforts to recover and restart due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Safer & Seamless TOOK place online between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. (Eastern) on Tuesday, February 23.
The event explores a range of issues that every business in the sector is experiencing in early-2021, including understanding health regulatory and vaccine trends, technology provision for welcoming back customers, changes to business practices and the implementation of new processes for customers and staff.
We also look at how the industry is attempting to work with governments and representative organizations to mobilize customer bases and ensure a recovery is implemented as safely, seamlessly and efficiently as possible.
Safer & Seamless features the following speakers:
- Gloria Guevara, CEO and president, World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)
- Alan Murray Hayden, head airport passenger and security products, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Katherine Grass, CEO, Optii
- Terry Jones, founder, Travelocity, and founding chairman, Kayak
- Florian Krammer, professor at Icahn School of Medicine, Mount Sinai
- Clive Bourke, president of EMEA and APAC, Daon
- Brandon Balcom, senior director, CWT
The interviewers for this event:
- Mitra Sorrells, senior reporter, PhocusWire
- Linda Fox, senior reporter, PhocusWire
- Jill Menze, news editor, PhocusWire
- Kevin May, editor in chief, PhocusWire
Replays of each session available below:
PhocusWire Pulse: Safer & Seamless - Gloria Guevara
PhocusWire Pulse: Safer & Seamless - Alan Murray Hayden
PhocusWire Pulse: Safer & Seamless - Katherine Grass
PhocusWire Pulse: Safer & Seamless - Professor Florian Krammer
PhocusWire Pulse: Safer & Seamless - Clive Bourke
PhocusWire Pulse: Safer & Seamless - Brandon Balcom
PhocusWire Pulse: Safer & Seamless - Terry Jones