This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel DEVICES in tourism and hospitality for September 2015:
Wednesday 29 September 2015:
Egencia study highlights pain of paid for wifi
- More than half of British business travellers (53%) cite having to pay for wifi in hotels as their greatest frustration according to an Egencia survey. The study also highlights major frustrations in the booking process such as not being able to book a room on the required date and too many search results/choice.
Tuesday 15 September 2015:
- Business travel and expense management specialist Traveldoo has added a number of features to its mobile application. The service includes VAT calculation, an 'Expense Card' feature providing a visual summary of expenses and additional automation via 'Expense Check-out' which uses geolocation to enable users to search for a place.
Jovago unleashes app
- Africa hotel booking site Jovago has developed a mobile app enabling users to access 25,000 properties both online and offline. The Android app, which also offers about 200,000 hotels worldwide, allows users to search using a map and presents hotel images, descriptions and reviews.
upgrades app with dynamic packaging tools
- The new app is available for both Android and Apple devices and will allow users to secure both separate flight and hotel options into a single booking. The Ebookers' Bonus+ Rewards loyalty programme is also integrated into the updated apps.
introduces business traveller app
Wednesday 9 September 2015:
- The hotel booking service launched the Corporate App last week with a specific set of tools targeted at the business traveller. Available on both Android and Apple operating systems, features include hotel search tools on pre-set corporate locations, billing and payment tools.
RoomsTonite opens up late-booking window
- The mobile service has expanded so users can now book late hotel deals for the "day after tomorrow". The extension of the original strategy will initially be for the company's Android-hosted application and comes as part of a wider update which includes new filtering tools.
launches bag tracker tool
- The booking and expense management brand will now have a monitoring system included on its mobile app so users can check the progress of their bags, from check-in to boarding and carousel. The system uses Estimote Beacons, a piece of technology that uses low energy bluetooth chips which are said to last up to a year without being charged.
Send links or releases related to travel devices directly to Tnooz via email
NB2: Travel devices image via Shutterstock.