The travel, tourism and hospitality industry has been decimated by the impact of the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak.
Countries are still actively battling the deadly virus but societies and industries are now also looking to rebuild and reemerge from the crisis.
The recovery process for the travel industry will be complicated and lengthy.
See below for PhocusWire's live blog, which includes our own extensive coverage, articles and commentary from our sister brands in the Northstar Travel Group (in
meetings, retail travel and
WebInTravel, as well as updates from reliable news outlets and official government/agency bulletins.
Here are some of the key details about COVID-19:
- Over 425,116,845 cases have been confirmed.
- Almost 5,907,037 deaths recorded.
- Number of cases "recovering" from symptoms over 350,871,053. The remainder are still under observation or in quarantine.
Please find below a range of resources and connections to other PhocusWire content:
- New Reality With... - interviews with executives and thought leaders from around the travel, tourism and hospitality industry, as well as the wider technology world.
- InPhocus - PhocusWire and Phocuswright's regular podcast, including a special guest each episode.
- Sounding Off - PhocusWire's weekly editorial.