What else is going on in the world of travel tech? A round-up of other stories from across the industry.
- Iceland-based metasearch engine Dohop switched provider of its flight scheduling data last week from Innovata to OAG. The UBM-owned technology company will supply past, present and future data for over 1,000 airlines covering 4,000 airports around the world to run within Dohop's search technology. The agreement will cover search on both the consumer-facing brand as well as white label versions of Dohop.
- Mobile platforms for customers is the latest initiative from the Travelocity Partner Network. The service is essentially a white label mobile platform available to any of the affiliates using the TPN service. The tool allows customers to brand the service with their own identity as well as automatically detect the mobile service being used by customers, such as Android, Apple and HTML5.
- New Mind is aiming to give destination service providers and local tourism authorities a better understanding of their visitors through data, thanks to a deal signed with Acorn for use of its T-Stats platform. The deal will see Acorn provide New Mind customers will information covering visitor attractions, surveys, events and general tourism data. It will also be used for analysis of local occupancy data at accommodation providers.
- Hotel wifi provider iBahn has launched what it calls a freemium model for property owners to meet the growing needs of guest wanting free web access. The system works by hotel owners (only for EMEA customers at present) to upgrade their wifi system so that guests can opt for a free service or a higher quality paid-for connection.
- Asia-Pacific metasearch service Wego recently unveiled the launch of a dedicated service for travellers in Indonesia. Hosted on its own domain, Wego.co.id is produced in both English and Bahasa Indonesia and is managed by for Yahoo exec Graham Hills. Wego claims the move to establish a dedicated site is as a result of "very strong growth" in users from the country to its existing site.