The speed of change in technology over the past few years has been astonishing - with applications of it related to many areas of the travel, tourism and hospitality sector.
It's difficult to estimate which trends ahead in 2018 and beyond are the most important ones for the industry - but ignoring any of them will not help a business see the bigger picture around ecommerce and consumer intent.
We have never lived in a time of faster technological innovation, with developments like artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things (IoT), blockchains and robotisation changing the way we live and work.
Here we look at the top nine tech mega-trends that I believe will define 2018 and beyond:
- The increasing datafication of our lives
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and how everyday devices are becoming more "smart"
- Exponential growth in computing power is fueling massive tech advancee
- The incredible rise of artificial intelligence (AI)
- The unstoppable freight train that is automation
- 3D printing opens up amazing opportunities for manufacturers (and others)
- We’re interacting with technology in very different ways
- Blockchains: An invention that could change our world
- Platforms are the way forward for businesses