While the travel industry has made strides in such critical
areas as sustainability and initiatives around diversity, equity and inclusion
(DEI), plenty more remains to be done.
In this episode of Travel Talk, leaders
from throughout Northstar Travel Group discuss both how far the industry has
come and where further efforts could be made.
The panelists discuss recent research on interest in
sustainability in the leisure and meetings markets and the influence to make
change that corporate travel managers exert with their purchase power.
group also discusses how demands from not only consumers but employees are
driving greater efforts around both sustainability and DEI and shifting
expectations around diversity and accessibility when it comes to corporate
The panelists for this episode of Travel Talk include:
- Mary Pat Sullivan, executive vice president of marketing
for Northstar Travel Group, and the panel’s moderator
- Rebecca Tobin, managing editor, Travel Weekly
- Eric Bowman, executive editor, TravelPulse
- Kenneth Shapiro, publisher/editor in chief, TravelAge West
- Jason Gewirtz, vice president, Sports Division, Northstar
Meetings Group; executive editor and publisher, SportsTravel
- Elizabeth West, editorial director, BTN Group
- Loren Edelstein, vice president, content director,
Northstar Meetings Group
- Mitra Sorrells, editor in chief, PhocusWire
Watch the video to learn more about the travel
industry’s efforts in the areas of DEI and sustainability.
Travel Talk: Where can the travel industry do better?