This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel DEVICES in tourism and hospitality for August 2015:
Tuesday 26 August 2015:
Make It York unveils app
- Destination management company Make It York has launched a What's On York mobile application to promote events in the city and region. The app, developed by Control F1 using its Zanduli white label app, enables users to filter events by time period, location and event type.
app for everything nearby
Tuesday 18 August 2015:
- Vegas.com has released an app promising everything from the best places to eat and drink to the nearest bathroom. The app, available for iOS and Android, also offers users hangover help and other hints and advice.
United overhauls mobile applications
Monday 17 August 2015:
- The upgrade includes a raft of new features including interactive indoor maps for its airport hubs in Newark, Denver, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington and Houston, iBeacon functionality for airport navigation and to find other services, as well as self-booking tools in the event of cancellation or delay. Initially the new functionality is for Apple-hosted devices, with Android to follow shortly.
Cleartrip puts tours and activities on mobile
- Cleartrip Activities is available on the online travel agency's Apple, Android and Windows applications and has a selection of more than 2,000 products from 30 cities in India. Products range include culinary classes, bike rentals, karting and trekking tours.
puts destination services into mobile
- The app is available for both Apple and Android devices and allows users to book transfers and taxis during a trip, using credit cards and obtaining confirmation vouchers for suppliers. HolidayTaxis says product will only be supplied from local, licensed operators.
launches train booking app
Tuesday 11 August 2015:
- The online travel agency claims it is the first multi-language service to allow rail tickets to be bought via mobile app. The app is initially available on Android devices and in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malyalam and Gujarati.
MissTravel unveils mobile apps
Monday 10 August 20015:
- The travel dating site has taken its connecting-on-the-go service to mobile devices, with apps for both Android and Apple users. The service allows users to invite people to meet on a trip, as well as search for fellow travellers by filtering interests such as romance, food, adventure, etc.
Finnair clocks in on Apple Watch
Finnair has developed an app for Apple Watch which aims to help customers through their journey. The app includes the latest flight information as well as a feature enabling users to buy additional luggage using loyalty points.
Wednesday 5 August 2015
TripVerse unleashes Android
Monday 3 August 2015
- Itinerary sharing platform TripVerse is adding to its existing web and iOS versions with the launch of an Android application. The service enables travellers to share detailed itineraries and images while helping others to plan trips. The Android version includes Foursquare and Google Maps integration.
Aferry sets sail with cross device app
- Ferry comparison service Aferry has developed a mobile booking application designed to work across devices. The service can present results by company, date, price, review score or closest match. It also includes functionality to manage a booking enabling users to make a booking or change reservations on the go.
flies at London City Airport
- London City Airport is enabling passenger to receive automated flight updates using BizTweet. To use the service, passengers tweet their flight number to @LCYflightinfo on departure day and receive real-time information such as departure time and gate number. The service is on top of the airport's existing Twitter feed @londoncityair. Biztweet, developed by Ireland-based TIC, has been used at Dubai International Airports since March.
Send links or releases related to travel devices directly to Tnooz via email
NB2: Travel devices image via Shutterstock.