The travel industry has mastered online selling. Online retailing, not so much. Travel sellers have begun to rebuild their businesses in the wake of COVID-19.
Unfortunately, their digital experiences underwhelm their customers, putting brand preference at risk and potentially leaving revenue on the table. Atmosphere Research’s research of online travelers in multiple countries shows extensive – sometimes deep – dissatisfaction and frustration with digital travel planning and booking.
Inertia can be financially fatal. Maintaining the status quo is unacceptable. Using coronavirus as an excuse to not invest creates opportunities for nimbler competitors to poach your customers.
There has never been a more urgent time for travel sellers to reimagine their digital customer journeys. And the way they achieve that is as Complete Retailers.
“Complete Retailing” stems from the availability of customer and business data and insights, transformational technologies and solutions, ancillary products, and highly skilled teams – and a customer base that expects their digital journeys to be based on personalized, appealing offers.
As travel sellers strive to encourage over-Zoomed, house-weary consumers to travel again, Complete Retailing can help travel sellers amplify their value and distinguish themselves more effectively in the marketplace.
Attending this webinar will help you better understand:
- Where the digital customer journey is broken, based on proprietary research of online travelers in the US, China, the U.K., Germany, and Spain.
- Why Complete Retailing is the foundation for reimagining a more effective digital customer journey.
- The technologies that provide the foundation for Complete Retailing.
- How travel sellers can use data, story arcs, and second wallets to become Complete Retailers – and grow ancillary revenues.
- Some of the companies that can help travel sellers become Complete Retailers.
The webinar was broadcast on Thursday, August 6, 2020.
- Henry Harteveldt, president and travel industry analyst at Atmosphere Research Group.
- Máire P. Walsh, senior vice president of digital technologies at Enterprise Ireland.
- Kevin May, editor in chief at PhocusWire.
The travel industry has mastered online selling. Online retailing, not so much
This webinar was broadcast on Thursday, August 6.