This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel SYSTEMS in tourism and hospitality for March 2016.
Thursday 24 March 2016:
DerbySoft sees Ice Portal
Monday 21 March 2016:
- Customers of the DerbySoft distribution and technology platform will now be able to use Ice Portal's library of hotel visuals and have access to its metadata system. The company specialises in providing high resolution photos, videos and 360-degree virtual tours of hotel properties and resorts.
DHISCO buzzes with Bug Software
Wednesday 16 March 2016:
- The travel platform will connect to travel portals, hotels, agencies and operators through the DHISCO system. Bug operators the BugHotel reservation system and is the first in what DHISCO says wil be third party "integrators" to its switch.
Rocketrip integrates with HotelsByDay
Tuxedo Money Solutions
- Users of the day-use hotel booking service will now be able to collect points on the Rocketrip loyalty platform, giving them discounts and other offers on travel products. Rocketrip is targeted at corporations that are looking to give incentives to employees.
expands STA Travel
Tuesday 15 March 2016:
- The move to expand the existing pre-paid card service into the US is being supported by the Central Bank of Kansas City, giving STA Travel customers access to a single pre-paid card online. UK-based Tuxedo has recently launched in Australia, Middle East and other European markets.
SITA creates Smart Path biometric system
- The aviation IT provider has launched the Smart Path system this week, allowing passenger to move through an airport and board an aircraft using biometric, facial recognition technology. The system can be integrated into existing airport and airline systems, such as check-in kiosks, bag drop units, border points and boarding gates.
agrees Amnet Global
- Adara's Magellan system will be plugged into the Amnet platform so that brands can use data to target consumers with travel offers via its programmatic media programme. Amnet clients range from Burberry and Microsoft to VisitBritain and iRobot.
and Premier Inn
sign tech agreement
Monday 14 March 2016:
- The hotel chain's properties in the Middle East, India and Southeast Asia will use the Sabre SynXis Enterprise platform to handle bookings and reservations. Premier Inn has plans to open 50 hotels outside of its UK homeland by 2020.
FastBooking and TrustYou unite
- The online reputation management service will integrate its Stars platform into the FastBooking system. Hoteliers will be able to offer guests a post-stay satisfaction survey, with the reviews incorporated into sites such as Google, Kayak and Skyscanner for each property.
lands two deals, launched dynamic packaging
Thursday 10 March 2016:
- Both Ezeego1 and Connections will work with the travel tech supplier, with the Indian brand placing its 275,000 hotels onto the platform, and the Belgium network of travel agencies taking the Travolutionary Universal Platform for bookings. Travolutionary's new dynamic packaging platform will allow agencies to combine hotel and flight products.
TravelClick incorporates ZDirect's CRM
- Last October, TravelClick acquired ZDirect, a customer relationship management (CRM) platform. TravelClick is now migrating its customers to this new platform via its existing Guest Management Solutions (GMS) tool. The tool allows regular communication between hotel and guest and the ability to make marketing campaigns while staying in the workflow. GMS will soon be integrated into TravelClick's business intelligence and reservations products.
debuts new products
adds Hertz and HRS to TripLink
- The car rental provider and hotel tech and distribution company will join list of partners on the TripLink service. Concur customers using the platform will be able to track, view and manage their bookings as soon as they occur.
links with TUI
- Visitors to TUI web properties will now be served personalised content offers based on their preferences and previous search behaviour, using the BD4Travel technology. Profile data collected includes country, region, city, hotel, type of hotel, hotel properties, progress in the funnel (search, availability, checkout, booking), and a designated risk of churn.
goes to language school
Tuesday 8 March 2016:
- The hotel distribution specialist's Channel Manager service is now available in the primary languages for France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Indonesia, Russia and Chinese. Users can switch between languages from within the system. SiteMinder says other languages will be added in the future.
Leonardo renews Sabre agreement
Monday 7 March 2016:
- The travel technology company will provide Sabre Hospitality Solutions with tools and storage facilities for processing, hosting and managing multi-media material for properties and chains. The new agreement will see Sabre subscribe to the VScape Standard for its hotel customers, allowing them to increase the quantity of visual content on offer to third party travel websites.
Peakwork partners for personalisation with bd4travel
- Peakwork is offering customers of its player-hub technology access to personalisation and business analytic capabilities after partnering with bd4travel. The personalisation technology enables travel companies to offer their customers relevant products at the time of browsing.
Friday 4 March 2016:
- The online travel consultancy and technology specialist has established Connectours as a means for tour and activity providers to get distribution, a booking engine and website design. The company had previously worked with Intrepid Travel to launch the Urban Adventures brand in 2009 and also utilised its existing Hotel Link Solutions business to assist with the creation of Connectours.
Copenhagen Airports commits to the cloud
- Copenhagen Airports has signed a 10-year deal which will see it adopting Amadeus technology to improve operators at both Kastrup and Roskilde airports. The partnership includes a cloud-based common area for all partners to access operational information called the Airport Collaborative Decision Making Portal. Meanwhile an Airport Operational Database provides real-time information to all parties. The systems will replace the current Air Traffic System.
- D-Flo, is enabling tour operators to book ancillary elements for travellers, such as airport parking and business lounges, through the launch of TravelComms Ancillary Pack. The Travelcomms system aims to help holiday providers improve the customer experience once they have booked, but prior to departure, through personalised communications. The TravelComms Ancillary Pack is already being used by Olympic Holidays.
- Business intelligence specialists Triometric is providing its analytics platform to bedbank YouTravel. The company will be able to monitor and manage website performance via real-time intelligence on searches and booking.
More currency for WEX
- WEX is now enabling travel customers to make and settle payments in 24 currencies through WEX Virtual Payments. Previously the company only offered 11 currencies but has now doubled to include Canadian Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Turkish Lira and Thai Baht.
books in with SeaWorld
- SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is using booking technology from Trisept Solutions to power the reservation system for its consumer site and call-centre. The attractions also plan to distribute offers via Trisept agents' portal VAX VacationAccess.
NB: Travel systems image
- Dolphin Dynamics is providing a selling platform for Planet Journeys, the tailor-made arm of Planet Cruise. Dolphin's technology will also provide links to flight providers, third party accommodation and car-rental inventory. Planet Cruise is owned by Iglu.