This is a roundup for product news and announcements for travel SYSTEMS in tourism and hospitality for July 2016.
Friday 29 July 2016:
CWT digs data
- Carlson Wagonlit Travel has developed a number of new services to help travel managers analyse corporate travel data and understand traveller behaviour. The new services include a travel and expense (T&E) data platform and a traveller behaviour segmentation platform. The travel management company says its research shows travel managers don't have visibility on almost a third of travel and expense spend because it is not consolidated.
rides with Cityscoot
Wednesday 27 July 2016:
- The digital ID verification specialist has partnered with Paris-based scooter sharing app Cityscoot. Those hiring a scooter can quickly verify their identity using Jumio's Netverify technology.
eRevMax says Ole to Grupo Presidente
Tuesday 26 July 2016:
- The Mexican hotel chain will use the RateTiger Channel Manager and Shopper services to manage and evaluate hotel rates across multiple online sales channels. The chain has nine luxury properties across the country.
opens M Live Studio for Europe
- Marriott International has opened an M Live Studio at its European HQ in London, the fourth of its so-called global marketing real-time command centres. The centres are designed to respond in real-time to social media postings by guests while also tracking online marketing campaigns across all of Marriott's nineteen brands.
- European low-cost airline Norwegian has signed a deal with loyalty specialists Comarch to develop a "revamped proposition" for its Norwegian Reward scheme, which currently has 3.9 million members. Comarch's other airline loyalty clients include JetBlue, S7 and Turkish Airlines.
analyses for Best Day Travel Group
Wednesday 20 July 2016:
- The Latin American travel company's wholesale operation, HotelDo, will use the Triometric XML performance monitoring platform to understand search and booking data across the business. HotelDo has a portfolio of 100,000 hotels in 850 destinations.
The Rainmaker Group reports hospitality growth
- The profit-optimization tools provider predicts growth of 50% this year in the hospitality industry arm of its business. Since January, Atlanta-based Rainmaker has welcomed more than 200 hospitality companies, representing more than 300 properties worldwide.
partners with ABC Global Services
- The B2B brand of Florida-based HotelPlanner.com is providing its hotel and meeting space sourcing tool to ABC Global Services, a supplier of technology for nearly 8,000 agencies. The tool will enable ABC agency clients to source meetings and hotels for their group/event customers.
in tune with Napster
- Lufthansa Systems, the airline IT unit of the eponymous German group, has signed a deal with Napster. A selection of the streaming service's audio books and music inventory will be integrated into and made available to airlines using LH System's BoardConnect in-flight connectivity platform. Eurowings will be the first airline to go live with the offer.
creates Facebook bot for hotels
- The hospitality tech provider has built the GuestUBot in a bid to give properties another way of taking bookings and interacting with guests. The Facebook Messenger Bot works 24/7 and will also offer city guides and personalised recommendations to the user.
Monday 18 July 2016:
- The new programme allows startups to use the Leonardo MediaConnect Complete service for one year for free. The system gives the companies a database of certified visual content for hotels, including meta-data, copyright and multi-media display formatting for responsive designs or standard websites.
Sabre integrates Chrome River
- Chrome River's platform has been selected as the launch provider for expense management on Sabre's new mobile platform for business travellers. The tool will capture expenses made via Sabre's virtual payments service or traditional credit cards, feeding automatically into the Chrome River expense management system.
links with American Airlines
- The corporate travel technology provider has inked a deal with American Airlines so that users can track bookings on the carrier outside of traditional channels. The partnership is part of the TripLink facility created by Concur.
beats the price
Thursday 14 July 2016:
- The new feature on its expense management service will allow users to compare flights, hotels and car rental products from their expense report to the average price to similar bookings on the day or purchase. The service is currently in beta testing mode.
Grasp Technologies integrates with Concur Travel
- The travel data management specialist's business travel payment solution, GraspPAY, now seamlessly integrates with Concur's main corporate travel and expense management solutions, enabling automated travel payments for corporate travel transactions.
plans flights for LATAM
Wednesday 13 July 2016:
- The South American group will use Sabre's Flight Plan Manager, allowing it to organise schedules and operations across the airline's airline brands. The group flies to destinations in Chile, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador and Paraguay, as well as cities further afield.
Traxo gives Chrome River expense boost
Friday 8 July 2016:
- Chrome River will integrate Traxo's hotel e-folio parsing technology so that expense items can be automatically organised into separate items such as room, tax, parking, meals and room service. The platform reads hotel bills in most major languages. Chrome River claimns to have more than one million users in 500 organisations around the world.
TigerBay upgrades content system
Tour operators can present their inventory in an appealing way across all devices following the release of the enhanced content management system. It enables operators to create their own pages with having to get developers involved. The upgraded system also allows users to differentiate content for different sales channels.
Thursday 7 July 2016:
Amadeus and MasterCard unite for Fintech strategy
Wednesday 6 July 2016:
- The agreement gives travel agencies the ability to secure and automated payments to suppliers via the Amadeus B2B Wallet platform. The deal coincides with a partnership with Ixaris so agencies can create and add funds to virtual payment cards.
eRexMax snaps up Continental Hotels
Tuesday 5 July 2016
- The Portuguese chain will use eRexMax to handle online sales across the portfolio of six properties. Each will use the RateTiger Managed Reports and RateTiger Channel Manager platforms.
SITA reserves with Iraqi Airways
- The Baghdad-based carrier will use SITA to power its new reservation centre in Amman. SITA's Unified Communications system will allow the airline to use voice, audio and data tools to run reservations in 13 countries. Iraqi Airways already uses SITA's Horizon platform to manage its passenger management and distribution.
launches new revenue management system
- Indian hotel IT specialist AxisRooms has released a new, proprietary revenue management system called the Knight Templar. It "helps the hoteliers to organize and improve the revenue management, defining strategies and tactics to create and set rating rules and patterns, based on several and complete data analysis deriving from different sources in the market."
flies for China Eastern
Friday 1 July 2016:
- China Eastern Airlines (CEA) has entered the final phase of its deal with Worldpay. Worldpay's payments infrastructure is now live on 14 CEA local sites, with Korea, Taiwan and Japan coming onstream in the next month or so, completing the deal. As well as payment support, Worldpay is also offering transaction data to CEA, which is the fourth largest airline in the world in terms of seat numbers.
Booking.com gives data tools to hotels
- Both Booking.com Analytics and Opportunity Centre will be offered free to all hotel customers. Analytics combines a series of tools such as benchmarking, sales stats and guest demographic details, with the Opportunity Centre acting as a business advice and trends service for property owners.
unifies suite of tools
- The corporate travel technology provider has integrated its entire product range into a single platform. These include its expense and travel management software, Neo and Neo Move (the mobile version of the door-to-door search service).
Send links or releases for travel systems direct to Tnooz via email
NB2: Travel image via Shutterstock.