This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel DEVICES in tourism and hospitality for December 2014.
Friday 19 December 2014:
Brussels Airlines partners with Microsoft and Arrival Guides
Sabre Red App Centre
- Brussels Airlines new lounge concept The Loft wants passengers to have the full digital experience with access to an app on Surface Pro 3 enabling them to book a meeting, shower or even nap room as well as check flight status. The carrier also offers destination information on the app through a partnership with Arrival Guides.
Wednesday 17 December 2014:
- B2B app marketplace, Sabre Red App Centre, says it has seen more than 1.2 million downloads of apps from travel agents. Top five apps downloaded include Clipboard App, SeatGuru and Command Translator.
Lagisatu debuts Android and Apple apps
Thursday 11 December 2014:
- The accommodation planning service, which is targeted at Muslim travellers who wish to locate properties with halal food or are near mosques, is now available on both the Google and Apple mobile platforms. The apps contain the existing search functionality as well as guides and local information for each destination in 180 countries around the world.
Minube puts memories front and centre of new app
- The new iOS and Android apps include an option to collect a user's mobile images and using the GPS signatures then create a trip photobook. The app also allows users to edit each trip and add their own recommendations of products or services, before sharing it on their existing profile.
pilots mobile ticket service
Friday 5 December 2014:
- The online rail agency will test the new system in the North East of the England this month, allowing users to buy a ticket online or via the site's app and then download it to a mobile device. The project is being coordinated through Nation Rail, the organisation which oversees infrastructure and relationships between rail operators.
GuestDriven strikes Estimote iBeacon deal
- The agreement between the pair will allow hotels to send push notifications to guests via their mobile device apps. The Estimote beacons are sensors which placed anywhere around a location, sending out signals which are then picked up by a user's handset to display promotions or information about a particular service or product.
gets iOS launch
Monday 3 December, 2014:
- The application (also available on desktop) acts as a virtual concierge for travellers, with guides to destinations as well as direct contact between hotels and guests. The application also includes an online check-in function and direct messaging tools.
Top10 introduces in-app booking
- Hotel comparison startup Top10 has enhanced its iPhone application with an in-app booking service. Users no longer have to complete booking forms on third-party sites and now have the option to complete the booking directly. When users sign in, the app also remembers details for future bookings to make the process even easier. Hotels from Priceline, LateRooms and Venere are bookable via the in-app service. Top10 is also enabling users to share their hotels lists and preferences with friends and family via the updated app.
partners with Serko
- Routehappy is integrating its 'Happiness Score' of airline in-flight offerings into the mobile service from travel management firm Serko. From early 2015 users of Serko Mobile will be able to compare products and services from different carriers and choose what's best for them. Serko is hoping the integration will make for happier, more productive travellers.
sees handheld bookings leap desktop
- Outdoor accommodation service Pitchup says 50% of its bookings are now coming from handheld devices. The company, which launched its mobile website and app a year ago, says it is exceeding industry trends with 42% of its online sales via handheld devices for the period between August and October 2014 compared to 29% last year. Figures from IMRG Cap Gemini show 37% of online sales for the quarter came via a handheld or tablet device. Pitchup says 53% of traffic came from handheld devices in the past month compared to 28% last year. In the first half of November the company saw mobile and tablet bookings make up more than half of total bookings for the first time.
Send links or releases for travel devices direct to Tnooz via email
NB2: Augmented reality image via Shutterstock.