As the travel industry eyes eventual recovery from the coronavirus pandemic, what role will payments play in getting the sector back on track?
At Phocuswright Europe, a panel of payments experts examined how payments will be key to success in a post-COVID world.
The session, titled the Critical Role of Payments in Reshaping the Travel Landscape and sponsored by Nuvei, addressed the topic from a variety of perspectives, including the following:
- How leveraging payments data analytics fuels conversion and reduces fraud
- How streamlining payments efficiencies enables travel companies to save money and focus on their core business and rebuild their reputations
- How COVID-19 impacted the travel industry payments ecosystem
- How efficient payment channels ensure more conversion
- The effect of the coronavirus pandemic on the travel industry as a whole and how payments will play a critical role in its resurgence.
The panel, moderated by Jay Abbot, vice president of travel at Nuvei, included Louise Garratt, senior payments manager at easyJet; Bas Lemmens, CEO of Meetings.com and president of Hotelplanner.com EMEA; Chiara Quaia, vice president, market development travel enterprise partnerships at Mastercard; and Peny Rizou, global digital payments and fraud director at Etraveli.
Watch the full session below.
The Critical Role of Payments in Reshaping the Travel Landscape - Sponsored by: Nuvei