The Phocuswright Conference innovation programs wrapped up Wednesday with
the announcement of winners from the Summit and Launch events.
The programs provide a stage for global innovators to demonstrate new
ideas that are intended to change the travel industry.
Twelve companies presented Tuesday at the Launch event, the platform for
scaleups and established companies to introduce new products.
And ten companies, selected
from PhocusWire’s Hot 25
Startups for 2023, presented
Wednesday at Summit, the pitch competition for startups and scaleups.
- Launch – Winner, People’s Choice Award: @hotel by TripScout
- Launch – Runner up, People’s Choice Award: Celitech
- Summit – Winner, Most Innovative Startup of the Year Award: Swayed Intelligence, which also receives the Thayer Ventures Award
- Summit – Runner up, Most Innovative Startup of the Year Award: Nectar
- Summit – Winner, People’s Choice Award: Nectar
“Though the world is feeling back to normal for many of us, the pandemic
caused far-reaching and seemingly permanent changes in the travel industry.
This year’s group of innovators embody today’s environment, from the
accelerated digitization of operations to the expedited rise of short-term
rentals to the drastically increased relevance of social media. The group
brought forth creative and pragmatic solutions in all of these areas and so
many more,” says Mike Coletta, Phocuswright's manager of research and
Coletta says 573 innovators have now participated in Phocuswright's
innovation events since the first Travel Innovation Summit in 2008. More than
400 of them have raised funding, adding up to over $8.5 billion collectively,
and 103 have been acquired.