This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel MARKETING in tourism and hospitality for June 2016.
Ctrip integrates ArrivalGuides content
Destination British Columbia
- ArrivalGuides will provide its travel guide material to the online travel agency as part of the deal, as the company looks to expand its brand outside of China and into other markets. Some 47,000 points of interest in 550 destinations around the world will be used from the ArrivalGuides portfolio.
hikes with Google
Tuesday 21 June 2016:
- The Canadian tourism board has worked with two Google Streetview "trekkers" to chart some of BC's remote outdoor location, so potential visitors can get a feel of the landscape. Each was armed with 15 separate cameras to collect the 360-degree footage.
Revinate launches review collections for Google
Monday 13 June 2016:
- The online reputation management platform will let its hotel customers use their post-stay surveys to bring in reviews that can be shared on Google (as well as TripAdvisor). Reviews on Google have the potential to improve a property's ranking in search and exposure in other Google services.
Jersey rebrands tourism digital services
Wednesday 8 June 2016:
- The European Channel Island has developed a new website in a bid to attract to visitors to the destination, on the theme of relaxation and revitalisation. The repositioning was created in partnership with marketing experts, FutureBrand.
YP integrates TripAdvisor reviews
Friday 4 June 2016:
- The local business marketing platform will now include TripAdvisor reviews of things to do, hotels and other travel-related products as part of an overhaul of its web and mobile service. YP claims to have around 60 million visits each month from the US.
Lyft scores hit with Shaq
- Ride-share service Lyft has enlisted the help of ex-US basketball giant Shaquille O'Neal to front its latest awareness campaign. In the YouTube clip, O'Neal dresses in various disguises and drives residents of Atlanta around the city, with the inevitable big reveal at the end of each journey. The clip has captured 1.5 million views in the three days since its launch on 1 June.
Thursday 3 June 2016:
Taj Hotels revamps web offering
- The global hotel group has overhauled its consumer-facing website, with a string of new features. Independent reviews via TripAdvisor are included, alongside destination guides and details of local events, new booking platform, responsive design, web chat tool and best rate guarantee.
customises Holidays platform
- The airline's packaged holiday brand will now allow passengers to create a multi-destination trip. Users can combine flights in and out of different airports, reserve multiple hotels and select car hire from within the same booking.
give joy to searchers
- The metasearch engine will incorporate RouteHappy's platform so that users can filter search results by other aspects of a trip. These include aircraft type, seat, layout, enteraitment, wifi and on-board meals.
Send links or releases for travel distribution direct to Tnooz via email