eLong has reported a net revenue of $43.1 million for its fourth quarter 2013, an increase of 25% over the same period in 2012.
The highlight of the financial results was Expedia-backed eLong's net revenue for full year 2013 reaching an all time high value of $166.8 million, an increase of 36% over the previous year.
In Q4 2013, mobile hotel bookings comprised more than 30% of total hotel room nights stayed, compared to 25% in the third quarter.
Cumulative downloads of eLong mobile apps now exceed 45 million (10 million downloads in Q4 2013 alone). In comparison, Ctrip reported that its mobile apps have been downloaded over 100 million times.
eLong says it will continue to execute its mobile hotel strategy and improve the mobile user experience. In its Q2 2013 earnings call, eLong announced a $100 million fund to back mobile tech projects.
Recently, it launched train reservation facility and introduced the WeChat payment service on its mobile apps.
Q4 2013 update
Full year 2013 update
- Hotel room nights stayed in the quarter increased 48% to 7.4 million room nights compared to 5 million in Q4 2012.
- Hotel commission revenue increased 28% to $37.1 million, compared to $28.1 million in Q4 2012.
- Air ticketing revenue increased 3% to $5.34 million, compared to $5.16 million in Q4 2012.
- Sales and marketing expenses increased 48% over Q4 2012, driven by increased marketing expenses and hotel commission payments to affiliates.
- Hotel room nights stayed in 2013 increased 60% to 25.8 million room nights compared to 16.1 million in 2012.
- Hotel commission revenue in 2013 increased 41% to $141.8 million, compared to $97.6 million in 2012.
- Air ticketing revenue increased 9% to $22.19 million, compared to $20.35 million in 2012.
- Service development expenses (related to technology and product offering) increased 40% compared to 2012, mainly driven by higher personnel expenses.
- Sales and marketing expenses increased 58% over 2012, mainly driven by increased marketing expenses and hotel commission payments to affiliates.