THack is returning to Bangalore... Get ready to code away for the chance to win your share of US$10,000 (or more) in cash and other prizes.
It is, once again, all about pulling together ideas and fun to produce a slab of innovation in digital travel.
Our weekend begins on Saturday 6 December at 9am and ends at 8pm on Sunday 7 December.
Join Tnooz, our sponsors and participating web developers as we change the face of travel in a weekend hackathon. It's FREE to compete
Sponsors are leading travel distribution and technology companies, including HolidayIQ
At the core of hackathon are best-of-breed coded products or tools that address one of four "challenges" facing travelers and the travel industry.
Tnooz will award cash prizes to two winning teams, and the competitors will award a separate prize for the best "crowd-sourced" project.
Tier 1 sponsors of THack also will award prizes to the best use of their company's API. Travelport already has created the special two-month "Travelport Challenge"
, a prize valued at US$7,000 for the solution that makes the best use of its API.
Amadeus and HolidayIQ, our other Tier 1 sponsors, will also make their APIs avaialble to developers and have prizes of cash and travel for best use of those APIs.
You can register here for THack @ Bangalore if you are participating in the Travelport Challenge.
Here's what you can expect:
Developers, travel industry experts, entrepreneurs sharing ideas in a creative, collaborative competition
FREE access co-working space and wifi internet access at HolidayIQ offices
Four industry "challenges" to make traveling more compelling, easier and fun:
- Travel wear? Create an innovation with wearable tech that tracks and shares travel
- Wings, wheels & beyond: Build a travel experience to India or from India using 3 or more modes of transport to complete the journey
- Personalization: cool, not creepy: Combine profile data, geo-location and social media to create a personalized travel experience
- Think mobile, act local ... Build a mobile application that supports and enhances the traveler's journey ... somewhere in India
Three cash prizes for best projects:
- US$1,000 to an individual or team of 2 developers
- US$1,000 to a team of 3 to 5 developers
- US$1,000 to a "people's choice" winner, crowd-sourced by vote of the particpants
- Other prizes to be announced
Judging panel of travel, tech and investment experts
No team? No worries. We'll give you the chance to form or join a team before hacking
You need to bring:
- Open APIs (maps, social media, etc.), public databases, coding skills
- Device for 5-minute presentation to judges
- Coffee/refreshments, lunch, dinner provided
- Participants (individuals and ALL team members) must register and will be provided information on sponsor APIs and customized prizes
- Teams must be present to participate (no virtual projects will be presented)
- Space for up to 100 developers ... register early, we'll have a waiting list
For THack sponsorship details, please contact Jim Craven
or Jay ShahRegistration:Sponsors:NB:Bangalore
image via Shutterstock.