So what is the first thing to know about travel startups? It’s a monumental challenge.
While startup challenges are not unique to travel, some of the underlying technologies and fundamentals of the industry create larger barriers startups must
overcome to succeed.
To add to the challenge, most of the time, the first idea is not the one that ultimately succeeds, so it is essential to fail fast and pivot early.
Then there is competition. Customer acquisition challenges. Convincing an industry corporate to move ahead with a trial of the product. Executing the technical requirements and getting the commercial buy-in from all the different stakeholders is extremely
Now insert a near shutdown of the industry due to COVID-19 and you can multiply the challenges tenfold.
In this presentation at 11 a.m. Eastern on Thursday, May 7, you will:
- Learn about the state of travel startup ecosystem, before and after the coronavirus outbreak.
- Funding trends in response to COVID-19.
- Raising capital during a crisis.
- Know the outlook and optimism that investors have for recovery.
- Sectors likely to fare well.
- Pete Comeau, managing director at Phocuswright.
- Kevin May, editor in chief at PhocusWire.
FAST FACTS: The state of travel startups - winners when the industry recovers