This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel STARTUPS in tourism and hospitality for April 2014.
Friday 4 April 2014:
VacationFutures appoints Simon Lehmann to its advisory board.
Wednesday 2 April 2014:
- Lehmann is Chief Executive Officer of Biketec AG and former Interhome AG CEO.
Tansler attracts PayPal exec as new technology boss
- The vacation rental marketplace has hired Troy Saxton to the new CTO position. Saxton was head of payments and credit engineering at PayPal and has also held senior positions at Bill Me Later (later sold to eBay), LivePrism and Vistage International.
hits the Benelux region
Tuesday 1 April 2014:
- The multi-modal search service will be bringing its brand to Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands as part of its roll-out to a number of European countries. As part of the expansion from its existing German, UK and Spanish operations, GoEuro has also signed up seven new rail providers and five coach companies, including SNCB and NS. TGV, Thayls and Eurostar services are now included as part of these partnerships.
TripLingo locks in new client
- Language learning startup TripLingo has inked a deal with Peak Travel Group to white label the startup's products for corporate clients.
The funder gets funded
- Balderton Capital, which has backed travel startups including HouseTrip and Top10.com, has secured $305 million. The company plans to invest the Series A venture fund in European technology startups. It is Balderton's fifth European fund. A statement estimates the total value of the companies backed by Balderton at more than $10 billion.
Send links or releases for travel startups direct to Tnooz via email
NB2: Travel startups image via Shutterstock.