This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel DEVICES in tourism and hospitality for July 2015.
Wednesday 29 July 2015:
Kayak strikes the Apple Watch hour
- The latest addition to the Apple Watch travel app catalogue gives Kayak users the ability to manage their trips. Features also include price alerts, flight status, car hire and hotel information, and notifications for gates changes and other travel-related issues.
gets Air Canada
ancillaries via mobile
Wednesday 22 July 2015:
- The airline the first to push its ancillaries through the ARC Better My Trip mobile app. Air Canada's preferred and advanced seat, plus meal purchase, services will be made available to travel agencies using the application. It joins Viator, CarTrawler and others on the roster of products featured on the app.
LateRooms tries app-only rates
Monday 13 July 2015:
- The hotel booking service says it will offer discounts of between 10% and 40% from its publicly available deals as part of the move. It was triggered in part by monitoring consumer behaviour where there are a growing number of travellers looking for spontaneity with their hotel bookings. Half of the brand's online traffic now comes via mobile devices, the company claims.
Booking.com puts Booking Now app on Android
Wednesday 8 July 2015:
- The so-called "instant accommodation" app works by giving users suggestions for a hotel stay based on their preferences and street-level location. The release on Android, in 42 languages, follows its launch on iOS and Apple Watch devices.
Oman Air unveils frequent flyer app
- As part of a strategy to boost the experience for its frequent passengers, Oman Air has launched Sindbad, an application for iphone and Android devices. The app comes on top of the Oman Air app and enables members to search, book and check-in for flights. It also allows them to check miles balance and tier status, request redemption of points, view forthcoming trips and store Sindbad membership card electronically.
unveils b2b app
- Vacation rental solutions specialists LeisureLink is bringing its distribution, marketing and sales services to a mobile for rental suppliers. LeisureLink Mobile enables suppliers to remotely manage their businesses and check the performance of properties via smartphone or tablet. Additional enhancements include alerts for rental suppliers when new bookings come in.
develops mobile site
- Low-cost airline Wizz Air has launched a website optimized for mobile devices to sit alongside its desktop site and Apple and Android apps. The m.wizzair.com service will focus on booking with further functionality planned. The service will also be available in eight languages.
Send links or releases related to travel devices directly to Tnooz via email
TNB2: Travel image via Shutterstock.