This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel SYSTEMS in tourism and hospitality for April 2014.
Monday 21 April 2014:
Travelport gives Indian agents SmartPoint tools
Monday 14 April 2014:
- The agent desktop service will be made available to companies in the country via Travelport's distributor agreement with InterGlobe Technology Quotient. There are approximately 2,500 IATA-accredited travel agencies in India and around 20,000 not aligned to the organisation.
Deutsche Bahn tickets for agents in Russia
- Travelport's RailMaster is being used to allow travel agents in Russia to search and book rail tickets on the German national operator's network. Currently amost one million Russians travel to Germany annually, a number which is growing by 10% per year. Travelport-connect agents in Russia will be able to use the booking option from their desktops.
Tuesday April 8, 2014
- The service is being made available as a Sabre Red App via the existing marketplace of agent platforms. The SeatGuru Red App will allow agents to showcase seat maps as well as specific information and reviews of products from travellers. SeatGuru also includes entertainment, wifi, power and meal information.
Hilton Worldwide signs up DirecTV to deliver in-room entertainment
Thursday April 3, 2014
- The satellite content system will be the standard provider in 500,000 guest rooms in the United States, also allowing Hilton to deliver more sustainability technologies through the system and the company's "LightStay" internal performance metric.
Ryanair pushes digital credentials with new jobs pledge
- Irish budget carrier Ryanair will be looking to fill 200 technology and digital jobs at its Dublin offices this year. The new roles will work on improving the airline's new website which is being released today as well as its mobile app, slated to launch in June.
- SilverAgent Pro will be deployed to agent teams belonging to Travelsavers in the UK and Ireland. The tool allows agents to search, book and pay for domestic and international rail tickets from their desktops. Travelsavers has around 3,000 independent agents on its portfolio.
Send links or releases for travel devices direct to Tnooz via email
NB2: Travel systems image via Shutterstock.