Last year saw hotel marketers riding on a number of trends including Facebook Graph Search, Instagram, Twitter and, more importantly, (hopefully) listening to customers.
But what are the hotel marketing trends for 2014? NetAffinity, a hotel marketing agency, has identified 14...
A few of the interesting points to note:
- Leverage rich media: 81% of online travel purchasers viewed videos before purchasing.
- Better re-targeting to increase conversion: 96% of people leave a site without converting.
- Allocate budget for meta-search marketing to fuel the increase of direct bookings.
- Google Carousel, a feature where a user can search for "hotels in destination_name" to see a list of hotels displayed on a carousel on the top of the search page, is currently live in the US. This feature is expected to be rolled out to many more locations.
- Interestingly, website speed is expected to have an increased impact on search engine rankings.
- Hotel distribution guide for 2014 - here
- Top five hotel technology trends - here
Entire infographic that lists all 14 hotel marketing trends: