This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel SYSTEMS in tourism and hospitality for January 2016.
Thursday 28 January 2016:
Dolphin nets another client
Wednesday 27 January 2016:
- Savile Row Travel, a UK-based luxury tour operator, has agreed to use Dolphin Dynamics' software to automate a range of back-office processes which are currently done manually.
New API from Hotelogix
Thursday 21 January 2016:
- Cloud-based hotel IT specialists Hotelogix has released a new API which allows hotel groups and chains to develop their own mobile and/or tablet based property management system.
TrustYou has stars in its eyes
Wednesday 20 January 2016:
- The online reputation management specialist has unveiled its Stars service, designed to showcase customer feedback of a hotel property on Google. The system works by allowing hotels to collect reviews and publish them directly to the search giant (enhancing a property's SEO). The reviews are also incorporated into a property's existing TrustScores and Meta-Reviews that appear on third party sites such as Skyscanner, Trivago, Kayak and the Sabre GDS.
Duetto partners with NH Hotels
- Hotel revenue management specialist Duetto is providing NH Hotels pricing and demand insight following a partnership between the two companies.
integrates with Amadeus
Monday 18 January 2016:
- Intuitive now integrates with Amadeus enabling tour operator and online travel agency customers of the iVector reservation platform to access real-time access to flights and multi-sector searching and ticketing via the GDS.
Payday for HNA Tourism
Thursday 14 January 2016:
- China's HNA Tourism has set up a new business unit for payments. E-Life Financial will startby providing financial and payment support for HNA Tourism and wider group brands, with a view to "forging an international...system that meets Chinese travelers' needs."
Samsung hired to kit out MSC Cruises
- The technoloy giant will supply two new ships and the remaining seven in the fleet with a suite of equipment for both crew and passengers. The brief includes providing visual displays, crew mobile technology, medical equipment and printers.
unite for hotel marketing
Monday 11 January 2016:
- Under the agreement, TravelClick's hotel customers around the world will be able to manage their digital marketing campaigns by using the Sojoern campaign optimisation engine. TravelClick has around 38,000 hotels in over 160 countries.
WorldHotels and GuestDriven unite for up-sell push
Thursday 7 January 2016:
- Customer engagement platform GuestDriven will work with WorldHotels to deliver offers and other ancillary products ahead of a guest's stay at a property. Examples include additional room services to guests via their mobile devices.
KDS and BCD Travel give Neo to Societe Generale
Tuesday 5 January 2016:
- The pair will delpoy KDS's Neo system with the financial services group so it can manage its door-to-door travel booking and expenses. The deal will cover bookings for some 11,000 users in five countries at Societe Generale.
Abu Dhabi Airports connects the tech
- SITA is to provide an airport management system, as well as check-in, kiosk, boarding area, baggage handling IT. The five-year contract will also include flight information display technology and follows the appointment of SITA to handle IT for the airport's Midfield Terminal Building, currently under construction.
upgrades flight plan systems
NB: Travel systems image
- Sabre will extend its existing eight-year partnership with the Middle East-based airline for its AirCentre Flight Plan Manager technology. The platform allows the airline to manage its fuel, operations and planning systems.