This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel DISTRIBUTION in tourism and hospitality for April 2014.
Friday 28 April 2014:
Travelport renews Virgin Atlantic distribution deal
Thursday 24 April 2014:
- The agreement gives Travelport-connected agents around the world continued search and booking capability for the carrier. Virgin's fares and inventory - more than 30 destinations globally in North America, the Caribbean, Africa, the Far East and Australia - will be available to agents as part of the deal.
Air China goes after rich content and branding via Travelport
Tuesday 22 April 2014:
- Air China is the latest to sign up to the Travelport Rich Content and Branding technology. The technology, part of the Travelport Merchandising Platform, provides airlines with more control over how fares and ancillaries are presented to travel agents. Air China is one of 27 carriers which will use the technology when it is launched on Smartpoint, Travelport's agency desktop system, later this year.
Travelport signs new agreement with Al Tayyar Travel Group
Thursday 17 April 2014:
- The three-year partnership will see the Saudi Arabia-based travel agency group continue to use Travelport for some distribution services as well as adopt the Universal API platform. The company has a presence in various markets in the Middle East and Africa.
Lastminute.com UK boss steps down
- Sabre-owned Lastminute has confirmed Mark Maddock is leaving his role as UK and Ireland managing director. Maddock, who joined in 2010, will not be replaced and CEO Matthew Crummack will continue to oversee the overall businesss, according to a statement.
Sabre's personalisation drive
- Sabre has unleashed three data-driven services to help companies deliver a more personalised service. Customer Experience Manager aims to help airlines use traveller data to deliver a more personalised experienced via targeted ancillaries and rewarding high-value customers. Guest Connect Upsell targets hotel guests with upgrades once they have booked and TripCase Corporate is a business travel version of Sabre's consumer app and aims to make it easier for companies to track spend, safety and security.
CheapAir.com adds Amtrak
Wednesday 16 April 2014:
- CheapAir.com has added bookings for Amtrak on its site, claiming to be the first OTA to offer Amtrak seats via its platform. The advantage is that travelers can fare compare flights to trains for specific journeys.
Travelport renews Comair content agreement
Tuesday 15 April 2014:
- The South Africa-based company, which operates the Kulula low cost carrier and has a license agreement with British Airways, will distribute content to all Travelport-connected agencies in the country and elsewhere around the world.
Amadeus extends distribution deal with United
- The new multi-year agreement covers all Amadeus-connected travel agencies and gives them access to United's full range of published air fares and schedules. The agreement will also include the ability for agents to sell Economy Plus extra-legroom seats.
renews distributor partnership in Iraq
Sunday 13 April 2014:
- Rawat-Al Hajer will continue to operate on behalf of Travelport in the country as part of a multi-year distribution agreement. Extending an existing four-year relationship, Rawat-Al Hajer will sell services and technology for Travelport from its base in Baghdad and, more recently, a new office in Erbil.
Intuitive wins Classic Collection booking distribution deal
Thursday 10 April 2014:
- The luxury tour operator will use Intuitive's iVector platform for reservations across all channels. The system will be built in stages and go live in time for the winter 2015 season.
Amadeus renews distribution agreement with Cathay Pacific
Wednesday 9 April 2014:
- With the renewed distribution agreement, Amadeus travel agents in Asia can continue to access the same level of Cathay Pacific and Dragonair fares, availability and functionality as per any other travel agency channel.
Malindo Air signs distribution agreement with AmadeusHahn Air
's speed-alliance service available in Amadeus
Monday 7 April 2014:
- Speed-alliance, a service of Hahn Air Systems, has chosen Amadeus to introduce its rail offer into the Air-Rail Display product of Amadeus using the code 5W.
Dorsett Hospitality International hotels to use SiteMinder solution
Friday 4 April 2014:
- Dorsett Hospitality International hotels across Asia and the UK will use SiteMinder’s enterprise distribution technology for their channel management activities. With this new solution, Dorsett hotels can update its room rates on various online travel agents and wholesale channels.
Sabre opens operations in Turkey
Thursday 3 April 2014:
- The GDS and technology company has created a base in Istanbul as part of plans to target Turkish agencies. The division will be fronted by Altug Bekdemir who joins from local company, Aviareps. Sabre recently renewed its long-standing distribution agreement with Turkish Airlines.
Travelport signs Eternity Travels for distribution and tech
- The Kuwait-based travel agency will migrate the majority of its distribution requirements to Travelport, after five years in business initially as a wholesaler and retail brand. It will also use the Smartpoint and Rooms & More platforms for its desk agents.
Send links or releases for travel distribution direct to Tnooz via email
NB2: Travel distribution image via Shutterstock.