The latest startups news, launches and more from around the travel, tourism and hospitality industry in September 2013.
Saturday 14 September 2013:
Wednesday 11 September 2013:
- CityBot secures ex-UpTake executive Thomas Brown to advisory team. Brown is currently president and CEO at hospitality marketing company Bescover, a position he took after leaving Uptake as head of business development six months prior to its acquisition by Groupon.
Wednesday 4 September 2013:
- MeetingsBooker launches startup offshoot VenueVid. The service allows hotels to upload videos in order to showcase their properties to potential MICE planners. Clips are available for hotels around the UK and Ireland, as well as some cities on mainland Europe.
Tuesday 3 September 2013:
- Private vacation rental marketplace Demeure has launched a new travel marketplace that allows travelers to discover unique, exclusive retreats for rent around the world.
Monday 2 September 2013:
- Local recommendation startup Localeur continues to push into new cities this week, launching in New York City after adding local experts in Houston and San Francisco to their roster.
Previous roundups:NB: Startup
- Carpooling celebrates reaching five million registered users. The car sharing site (TLabs here) claims it is now one of the largest collaborative consumption brands in the world alongside Couchsurfing and Airbnb as it releases user trends such as how almost a quarter of members are over 40, 30% of traffic is via a mobile device and 1.3 million people a month use the service for what it calls "long-distance" travel.
image via Shutterstock.