This is the regular Tnooz roundup of product news from around the travel, tourism and hospitality industry, all with a technology, online and digital twist - Wednesday 14 September 2011.
- Price comparison site Dealchecker has appointed Mark Attwell as managing director. Attwell, who comes from a senior e-commerce role at comparethemarket.com, will take over from Alex Saint in October. Saint is moving on following the acquisition of Dealchecker by EasyVoyage in February. He plans to focus on travel members club Secret Escapes.
- InterGlobe Technologies has teamed up with Simpliflying to offer travel companies an integrated marketing, customer support and technology service. The partnership will help companies identify and leverage social media opportunities. Internal research from IGT shows for every 100 customer service calls, airlines are attracting 96 conversations via social media channels.
- Lindner Hotels, a major German hospitality group, has chosen to partner with EZYield, a global provider of distribution management solutions for hotels. The group will be installing EZYield’s Fuzionlink channel management across their entire portfolio, comprising 34 hotels and resorts in Germany, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland and Spain.
- Revinate, a hospitality industry software platform for online reputation management, has announced a strategic partnership with Micros eCommerce Services|TIG Global, a subsidiary of MICROS Systems Inc. The deal provides Micros eCommerce Services|TIG Global customers with the Revinate hospitality reputation management solution to monitor important social media venues – including Twitter, Facebook and TripAdvisor – and provide instant alerts.
- MyDestinationinfo has rebranded as part of a global expansion, a move which will see it grow to include 100 destinations in 60 countries. The company has also changed its name to My Destination, received a new logo, and website. The company says alongside its existing booking engine will soon be an online community platform and mobile apps.