, Tnooz's travel hackathon series, is coming to Barcelona in the autumn of 2014.
The event will take place on November 19 for a day long developer challenge to create new digital tools and products for tourism and in-destination activities
Tnooz and Digital Tourism Think Tank
(#DTTT) will jointly present THack, where the best ideas in social and mobile and wearable technology will win Euro 2,750 in cash and other prizes.
The winning teams will present their work at the #DTTT Digital Tourism Innovation Campus Nov. 21 at the Mobile World Centre
Sponsors are leading travel, tourism, distribution and technology companies and organizations.
Developers, travel industry experts and entrepreneurs are welcome to register for FREE and share their ideas in a creative, collaborative competition.
Choose at least one of four industry "challenges" to make traveling more compelling, easier and fun:
- Think mobile, act local ... Build a mobile application that rocks the traveler's journey ... while in Barcelona or elsewhere in Catalunya
- Travel wear? Create an innovation that uses wearable tech to track, enhance or share traveler experiences
- Wings, wheels & beyond: Make an exceptional European travel experience using three or more modes of transport
- Personalization: cool, not creepy: Combine public user profile data, geo-location and social media to create a personalized travel experience
Three cash prizes for best projects:
- Euro 1,000 to an individual or team of 2 developers
- Euro 1,000 to a team of 3 to 5 developers
- Euro 750 to a "people's choice" winner, crowd-sourced by THack participants
- Other prizes to be announced
- Technical merit
- Completed challenge(s)
- Presentation skill
Judging panel of travel, tech and investment experts
No team? No worries. We'll give you the chance to form or join a team before hacking
You need to bring:
- Knowledge of open APIs (maps, social media, etc.), public databases, coding skills
- Devices for 5-minute presentation to judges
- Coffee/refreshments, lunch, dinner provided
- Participants (individuals and ALL team members) must register
- Space for up to 100 developers (we will have a waiting list)
- Must be present to participate ... (no virtual projects will be presented)
- More information about THack @ Barcelona will be sent to registered participants
image via Shutterstock.