THURSDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER!!
More details for budding developers for the upcoming THack hackathon in San Francisco in mid-September!
We now have a total of nine APIs being made available (some exclusively and for the first time at a developer hackathon) for the coded hack event: Worldmate
, Nor1, Sphere
, FlightStats, Viator, Bynd
There are two streams running for THack San Francisco:
- Coded Hack - developers have ten days to pull a hack together for the showcase. Those taking part in this ten-day hack will have three specific travel problems to try and solve (listed below) and can use any of the APIs we have made exclusively available for the event.
- Concept Hack - developers and others can pitch an idea for a new multi-API hack.
The kick-off webinar for those taking part will be held online on Tuesday 10 September at 12pm (Pacific time). This will be a 60-minute run-through of the APIs being made available and the rules for the event.
DEVELOPERS:Contact Tnooz editor Kevin May to confirm participation now
SHOWCASE ATTENDEES: Register your attendance at the event are now on our EventBrite page
Problems to be solved:
1. Breakaway or stayaway: Create a service to give a traveller options for a three-day break anywhere from San Francisco by air or visiting a tourist spot within California.
2. Friend on the road: Using mobile as the interface, develop a service to assist users on the days they travel from A to B.
3. Inspire me! Images, videos, tips and more, showcase what California has to offer the tourist and how they might get there.
4. The ultimate hack: Show us how smart you REALLY are - use every API on offer and see what comes out the other side!
Sponsors:Current list of APIs (more to come):
- Coded hack - $2,000
- Concept hack - $1,000