This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel DISTRIBUTION in tourism and hospitality for August 2014.
Thursday 14 August 2014:
refund.me launches its app in Sabre Red App Centre
- refund.me, the company that helps flyers claim their right to compensation for flight delays/cancellations/missed-connections etc has launched a free-to-use app in Sabre Red App Centre. The app automatically monitors thousands of bookings and detects delays and cancellations eligible for compensations.
content available in Abacus
- Shanghai-based JuneYao Airlines has chosen Abacus to distribute its group content exclusively in Taiwan, as the carrier expands from across the straits into Taipei and second city, Kaohsiung.
sign exclusive deal
Wednesday 6 August 2014:
- Following the agreement between the Indian OTA and Singapore-based airline, Cleartrip will have direct access to Tigerair’s booking engine that will enable seamless availability of inventory across Tigerair network. Tigerair also announced special fares (available only in Cleartrip) to celebrate this partnership.
Busy Rooms becomes fully certified with Trivago
Tuesday 5 August 2014:
- The Malta-based hospitality central reservation service has become fully certified for fast-growing metasearch company. This means that Trivago users will have the chance to search and book directly with a hotel, and not only via an intermediary.
Sabre claims limo content first for a GDS
- Carey International's products will be integrated into the Sabre Red Workspace via an app so that Sabre-connected agencies can search and book products. Carey's fleet (and those of its Embarque brand), which operates in 1,000 cities around the world, will initially only be available to a limited number of Sabre customers during a beta testing phase, with a wider roll-out expected in the coming months.
inks distribution deal with Hs/3 Hotelsoftware
- The Germany-based, front office application manager for small hotels and guest houses will integrate with SiteMinder's pmsXchange system. Some 5,000 hotels in the region will gain access to wider distribution via the SiteMinder deal, through agency and online channels.
hires Cathay Pacific exec as general manager in Hong Kong
- Agatha Lee joins from the Hong Kong-based carrier where she was country manager for Italy in Rome since 2011. She replaces Winnie Lau who has stepped down from the position where she had responsibility for overseeing all Hong Kong-based activity, a region which brings in some 10% of Abacus's revenues. Lee held a number of sales and marketing positions at Cathay and its subsidiary, DragonAir.
Send links or releases for travel distribution direct to Tnooz via email
NB2: Travel distribution image via Shutterstock.