Two events for 2019 - covering one of the oldest and one of the most exciting, emerging markets on the planet - should make their way to places in your diaries.
PhocusWire's sister brands Phocuswright and WebInTravel are the global leaders in providing conferences for the movers and shakers of the digital travel economy.
Both are renowned for bringing thought leaders together to debate the progress and nuances of the industry - and 2019 will be no exception.
Phocuswright Europe returns to the Dutch city of Amsterdam on May 15 and 16 this year, with the theme of Empires On The Edge.
Dominant and entrenched travel brands have aggregated the content, established the trust and amassed the war chests to defend against upstarts. But, in tune with The Phocuswright Conference 2018, sprawling empires fracture more easily than one might expect.
The first round of speakers to discuss these trends has been released this week, including:
- Brent Hoberman, co-founder at Founders Factory.
- Louise Daley, deputy for Asia Pacific at AccorHotels.
- Jeroen Merchiers, managing director for EMEA at Airbnb.
- Dana Dunne, CEO at eDreams Odigeo.
- David Armstrong, CEO at Holiday Pirates.
- Olivier Gremillon, vice president for homes division at Booking.com.
- Henrik Kjellberg, CEO at Vacation Rentals.
- Norbert Stiekema, chief strategy and digital officer at Costa Crociere.
More speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.
Phocuswright Europe 2019
Program, speakers, innovator applications, and more...
WIT Middle East was first held in Dubai in 2014 and 2015.
The event comes back to the United Arab Emirates city on Tuesday, April 9.
The theme of Through The Looking Glass examines the changes in the region and looks beyond the borders to uncover growth and scale, as well as tactics that require hyperlocal strategies to make a success in digital travel.
WIT Middle East 2019
Details, theme, and more...