SYSTEMS: We all have a go at making predictions (our 2014 set), but when an IT brand the size of IBM publishes what it says are the major trends for the next half a decade, it's a probably serious play behind the scenes as well as in the PR department. Read more on VentureBeat.IBM
has revealed its predictions for five tech big innovations that will change the lives of everyone within the next five years.
The IBM "5 in 5" is the eighth year in a row that IBM has made predictions about technology, and this year’s prognostications are sure to get people talking.
In a nutshell, IBM says:
- The classroom will learn you [Ed - appalling English, ironically]
- Buying local will beat online
- Doctors will use your DNA to keep you well
- A digital guardian will protect you online
- The city will help you live in it
Read more on VentureBeat
NB:Child laptop image via Shutterstock.