As many (in Europe at least) head off on an annual holiday, here's a look at some of the latest trends in the vacation rental sector.
The infographic put together by Netamatix contains lots of interesting facts and figures including which social networks (TripAdvisor, Facebook and YouTube) people turn to for advice and the top reasons consumers choose vacation rental.
Here are a few highlights:
- The average traveller visits four vacation rental websites and enquires about seven properties before booking
- 83% are more likely to make an enquiry if there are more than 20 photos
- Website visitors are 64% more likely to make an enquiry if the description of a property is more than 2,000 characters - 39% of descriptions are less than 500 characters
- 25% have booked a travel service because of an unexpected email
- 89% want to be able to check the lowest fares, 85% want a low price guarantee and 85% want photos of rooms and facilities.