What else is going on in the world of travel tech? A round-up of other stories from across the industry?
- Flybe has partnered with Travelfusion to develop an API enabling third party agents to directly connect to flight availability and booking. Travelfusion will manage the API channel which the airline has put in place to remove the need for screen-scraping.
- Pitchup has extended its listings making 45 holiday parks from Haven, Parkdean, Park Resorts and Park Holidays available to book online. Pitchup plans to add further holiday parks in the near future and traffic to its site is up 50% year-on-year.
- Bravo Media is promoting its Around the World in 80 Plates culinary series via a Facebook application. Fans have to fill a virtual airplane via the Fill a Jet Sweepstakes on the programme's Facebook page. Users can create up to three airplanes and invite up to 15 friends to join their jet before being entered into a competition to win round-the-world tickets for 10 people.
- Frommer's Unlimited has teamed up with South Africa-based Tourism Radio to provide local information for mobile audio guides. Content from the guidebook specialist is combined with Tourism Radio's audio clips to provide guides that begin playing when a user enters a location. Guides for cities including London, Paris and New York will be available to download as well as by accessing Tourism Radio's travel application Hummba.
- Wego is enabling developers and publishers to access its metasearch technology, content and airfares from partners via two APIs it is making available for the first time. Content can be sourced in 20 languages and is supported by analytics technology providing metrics on traffic and revenue.
- Acentic has unleashed its Panorama SMART IPTV system enabling hotels to provide HD in-room entertainment and information services to guests without the need for set-top boxes. The technology aims to provide a more costs-effective solution for hotels as well as revenue opportunities from internet connectivity and access to applications. The technology has been integrated within LG LED TVs.