What else is going on in the world of travel tech? A round-up of other stories from across the industry...
- ExpertFlyer is pushing out the latest development to its core product line, creating an iPhone and iPad mobile application for travellers looking to switch seats on aircraft. The Seat Alerts app allows users to set an automated alert to discover when spare seats on aircraft become available. The service monitors 130 carriers around the world.
- Hotel deals syndicator Travelscream has opened an office in Beijing. Eric Demaret, the former general manager of Asia hotels sourcing for Gullivers Travel Associates, will lead the company's efforts to line up contracts with some of the 45,000 hotels in Asia Pacific.
- Room Key and VFM Leonardo will be working together to improve the hotel search site's multi-media offering. Through the partnership, existing VFM hotel customers will be able to manage images displayed on their Room Key listing, giving users a wider range of pictures for each property.
- Vayant and Anixe have united for a joint marketing partner agreement. The partnership sees air shopping service Vayant and hotel and airline booking engine provider Anixe target customers with a combined technology suite as both look to gain traction for their respective services.
- Spotted By Locals has released an Android version of its mobile application. The service includes detailed offline maps and recommendations from other users, a GPS-enabled system to point out interesting spots nearby in a city and the ability to save favourites activities. iPhone users are already able to browse the 40+ cities via their own application.