What else is going on in the world of travel tech? A round-up of other stories from across the industry...
- Expedia business travel division Egencia has developed Egencia Hotel, a business hotel system enabling travellers and agents to search and book more than 191,000 hotels. The technology aims to ease the booking process through improved navigation as well as provide full property details for travellers and customisable configuration and management information for travel managers. Hotel bookings are also monitored by Egencia Traveller Tracking for traveller security.
- Trivago has unveiled a new iPhone application with an improved design and faster interface. The app also features additional filters, Google Maps integration and a facility providing an overview of the surrounding area of a hotel.
- Building on its current growth figures for Scandinavia, Momondo has appointed a country manager for Finland and launched a service for the destination. Samuli Melanko, a partner at digital agency SearchBox will spearhead expansion of the price comparison service with Helsinki viewed as a traffic hub for the region particularly for travellers to Asia.
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport has unleashed a mobile application for iPhone and Android with access to fast-track security, executive lounge and car parking services. The MyLJLAapp, which is based on the Actus Mobile Solutions m:Cypher platform, also offers flight information, flight tracking, airport terminal maps and access to social media. Manchester Airport unveiled a similar service in April developed by KMP Digitata.
- Secret Escapes has chosen IgnitionOne to consolidate all its digital marketing channels. The move will enable the flash deals service to track behaviour across display, search and social media channels.