This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel MARKETING in tourism and hospitality for December 2014.
Monday 29 December 2014:
Virgin Hotels offers free wifi
- Virgin Hotels, which is scheduled to open its first property in Chicago mid-January, plans to offer free wifi to all guests in all areas of the property. Further guest benefits will include free late checkout and 'fair' mini-bar rates. Additional properties are planned for Nashville and New York in 2016 and 2017 respectively.
promotes via Paddington
- Peru's tourism board has unveiled a campaign to highlight the destination off the back of the recently released Paddington film. A series of 30-second advertisements are being played during the screenings as well as available on YouTube promote the destination's accommodation, landscape and cuisine.
partners with DealBroker
Monday 15 December 2014:
- Turkish airline Pegasus is enabling passengers to book museum passes, tours and other local activities following a partnership with DealBroker. Airport transfers are also part of the offering via technology from the Netherlands-based company.
Expedia and Lufthansa hook up for Travel IQ promo
Tuesday 9 Dovember 2014:
- The pair are trying to highlight the carrier's route into South East Asia, primarily to travellers in the UK and Germany. The campaign is based around an interactive game where users pin locations to a map, against the clock. Those who complete the game are entered into a prize draw to win tickets to a destination in the region.
Luxury Link partners with AdventureLink
- Luxury Link and AdventureLink have joined forces to offer customers travel experiences with a luxury twist. The plan is to create customisable trips such as sailing around the Galapagos or trekking on a glacier in Patagonia.
launches to boost luxury brand videos
- Play2Travel is seeking to help luxury hotels get more eyeballs for their videos by creating a dedicated platform for the clips. The startup's founder Paulo Palha was inspired to create the service when he got fed up with how long it took to find clips of hotels for his own trips. The site aims to provide travellers going to a new destination with hotel inspiration.
Send links or releases for travel systems direct to Tnooz via email
NB2: Travel marketing image via Shutterstock.