This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel MARKETING in tourism and hospitality for November 2015.
Monday 30 November 2015:
Sunshine.co.uk expands portfolio with airport parking
Thursday 19 November 2015:
- The UK-based online travel agency bought the AirportParking website in July for a six-figure sum and says it hopes to replicate its previous successes with specialised travel domains such as AirportTransfers and Tenerife.cc.uk. The company redesigned and relaunched AirportParking in August.
VisitLondon going to Pinterest for Christmas
Friday 13 November 2015:
- The UK capital's tourism board has launched the Christmas London Moments campaign to encourage visitors "Pin Your Dream Trip" by pinning their favourites things to see and do in the city. The official partnership is hoped to see another increase in traffic to the VisitLondon's Christmas-related pages, after its marketing activities last year saw a jump of 34% on the same period in 2013.
Expedia loyal to India
- Expedia has launched its loyalty scheme, Expedia +, in India. The move is in response to research which showed more than one-in-three Indian travellers are members of at least one travel loyalty scheme and nearly half have signed up to at least two.
launches £5M marketing campaign
- The accommodation OTA is making its first major promotional push in two years and comes just weeks after its sale by TUI to Cox & Kings. The four 30-second spots, created by Mother London, will be aired on British TV, online and social media until mid-December.
launches Arabic websites
NB: Marketing image
- The South Africa-based company now has dedicated sites for users in Suadi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Egypt and Morocco. New payment methods include CashU and Al Ansari.