This is a roundup of news and announcements for people moves in travel, tourism and hospitality for September 2015:
Tuesday 22 September 2015:
SiteMinder appoints global head of sales
Monday 21 September 2015:
- Kevin O'Rourke will take on the role of vice president of global sales, having joined the company from RFP specialist Lanyon. He has previously worked for JDS Uniphase and the EMC Corporation.
Cheapflights appoints new MD
Friday 18 September 2015:
- Andrew Shelton is promoted from marketing director (but will retain that responsibility) in the shake-up of management roles at the Momondo Group-run metasearch engine. Sarah Hanan moves to a new position of commercial director after 12 years with the company, most recently as global sales director. Ex-Virgin Holidays marketing director Shelton replaces Mo Bulbrook who has left the company.
Sabre expands CMO role
Wednesday 16 September 2015:
- Dana Jones will become vice president of new market development, with a particular focus on growth strategy in China and Africa. Jones will continue to serve as chief marketing officer and senior vice president of solutions management for Sabre Airlines Solutions.
ClickTripz hits on new general manager
Thursday 10 September 2015:
- Travel technology supplier ClickTripz has appointed Richard Barajas as general manager of its new hospitality solutions business. Barajas has experience across many sectors in travel including air, hotels and vacation rentals as well as global distribution systems, online travel agents and corporate booking tools.
eNett catches new chief commercial officer
Wednesday 9 September 2015:
- Carl-Olav Scheible joins the company from MoneyGram International where he most recently held the role of executive vice president for Europe, Africa and the CIS. Based in eNett's UK office, he has also worked for PayPal and replaces Patrick Hall who has become chief partnership officer.
Sabre makes senior leadership change
Friday 1 September 2015:
- Following 20 years with the company, most recently as executive vice president of Sabre and president of Sabre Travel Network, Greg Webb has been promoted to vice chairman. Sean Menke will also join the company to replace Webb, having worked for Pinnacle Airlines, Frontier Airlines and Air Canada. He previously position was as EVP and COO for Hawaiian Airlines.
TripAdvisor disbands designated Business division
- TripAdvisor For Business has been folded into the main structure of the company, after five years of running the relationships with the industry as a separate unit within TripAdvisor. As a result, Marc Charron who headed up TfB within TripAdvisor has stepped aside to become an advisor to CEO Steve Kaufer on special projects.
appoints new SVP for hospitality wing
NB: People moves
- Hani Joakim assumes the role of senior vice president of product development for Sabre Hospitality Solutions, overseeing software and IT development for division. Prior to joining Sabre 19 years ago, where he was most recently a vice president in the Airline Solutions wing of the company, Joakim worked for both Air Canada and Pratt & Whitney.
in travel image via Shutterstock.