This is a roundup of news and announcements for people moves in tourism and hospitality for August 2015:
Thursday 20 August 2015:
Sabre names new general manager for Hong Kong operations
- Fanny Yeung joins from Travel Innovation Partners where she was a director looking after product analysis and some customer-facing services in Asia-Pacific. Prior to TIP, Yeung had worked for Abacus for 20 years. She replaces Agatha Lee who returns to Cathay Pacific after a one-year secondment to Abacus.
appoints new sales boss
Wednesday 12 August 2015:
- The Amadeus subsidiary has named Mirja Sickel its global head of sales and marketing. Formerly head of sales, she takes over the marketing role from Philip Martin who has joined DMA Partners. Martin continues to work with Amadeus Rail in a consultancy capacity.
CarTrawler gets high profile new chairman
Thursday 6 August 2015:
- Patrick Kennedy will become non-exec chairman of the Ireland-based car rental technology provider. Kennedy was CEO of betting company Paddy Power until last year and still serves as deputy governor of the Bank of Ireland. He has previously been a consultant with McKinsey and KPMG.
MakeMyTrip appoints chief product officer
Wednesday 5 August 2015
- Anshuman Bapna takes on the role after his former company MyGola was acquired by MakeMyTrip in April this year. Bapna, who is based Banaglore, India, has previously worked in the US as a strategic partner manager for Google and also for Deloitte.
Hotelzon appoints managing diretcor
Monday 3 August 2015
- Hotel distribution tech specialist Hotelzon has announced the appointment of Daniel Guillou as managing director. Most recently Finland-based Guillou worked at Nordic IT services company, Tieto. Travelport acquired Hotelzon a year ago.
American Express GBT names marketing chief
- American Express Global Business Travel has appointed Cindy Allen chief marketing officer. She was previously vice president, TMC Services for Concur. Allen's role covers brand positioning, marketing and product marketing and she reports to chief strategy officer Steve Curts.
Send links or releases related to people moves in travel tech directly to Tnooz via email
NB2: People search image via Shutterstock.