This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel marketing in April 2017.
Tuesday 25 April 2017:
Ixigo gets smart with alerts
Saturday 22 April 2017:
- Fare Intelligence combines functions - Fare Prediction and Fare Alerts - from the India-based travel metasearch engine. The tool uses trends and prices to inform users when is the optimum time when to book a flight or if they should delay until a fare decreases.
Kaligo powers Finnair hotel ambitions
Tuesday 11 April 2017:
- The airline has collaborated with Kaligo to launch a hotel booking platform for members of its frequent flyer programme. The service has more than 465,000 hotels, allows members to pay for room nights using their Finnair Plus Points, and includes localised content about properties.
IcePortal gets IATA content nod
- The global aviation group will use IcePortal's platform to feed content into the AgentExperience service. IcePortal's content management system carries and manages photos, videos and 360-degree virtual tours.
gets Pronto for rentals
Monday 10 April 2107:
- The Pablow Pronto service integrates within existing property manager, rental retailers and tech provider websites to automate the sale of travel insurance for guests. The widget allows customers to estimate the cost of a policy based on the details of the package, with an option then purchase.
Goibibo signs celebrity for summer and social
- Indian OTA Goibibo has signed Bollywood superstar actress Deepika Padukone to kickstart its summer campaign and to promote its GoContacts social network. Goibibo hopes the tie-up will increase awareness of online hotel bookings in a market where offline still dominates. Deepika Padukone, its first ever celebrity brand ambassador, has 18 million Twitter followers, 16.4 million on Instagram and 33 million on Facebook.
ramps up marketing
Rich Media Exchange
- The Flight Centre-owned youth travel brand is working with YouTube "influencer" Bash The Entertainer for a series of videos to promote the service. The activity coincides with partnerships with tourism organisations in Australia, a tour of UK universities and sponsorship of exhibitions.
launches in UK
- The US-based travel content company has made its database of videos and photos available to UK intermediaries and suppliers, overseen by sales and marketing director in the country, Josephine Bellanca. RME has 500,000 images and more than 2,000 videos available for use.
Travel marketing image via Pixabay