This is a roundup for product news and announcements for travel MARKETING in tourism and hospitality for July 2016.
Thursday 14 July 2016:
Inspirock hits 38,000 destinations
- The travel planning service has increased the number of destinations from 18,000 in recent months. The US-based company is targeting its white label service at accommodation providers, so brands can integrate the planning tools into their own websites.
makes it free on Uber
Friday 8 July 2016:
- The hotel loyalty platform will allow US-based Uber rides to obtain free fares if they secure their accommodation on Kaligo. The number of free Uber rides will be calculated by the hotel rate and dates of stay.
Air France shares best experiences
Wednesday 6 July 2016:
- Passengers on the French carrier have been encouraged to take pictures when visiting the country, such as landmarks and cuisine, then asked to share them on social media channels. A microsite - AirFranceMonVoyage - has collected the pictures in a series of animations, with a flight competition in play for those that share the content.
VisitHouston gives visitors 360-degree teaser
- The Texas, US, city now allows potential visitors to view its popular landmarks through a series of 360-degree, navigable tool. Created in conjunction with YouVisit, attractions include the NASA center, museums and city squares.
expands to the UK
- The self-styled "Airbnb for city guides" will use a network of local guides who offer insider-positioned tours in a destination, ranging from Euro 10 to 36 in price. The company has so far built a programme of 350 local guides in 80 cities and 50 countries.
Send links or releases for travel marketing direct to Tnooz via email
NB2: Travel image via Shutterstock.