This is a roundup of announcements related to people moves and business expansions in August 2017.
Thursday 24 August:
Guestline grows with new CTO
Wednesday 23 August:
- The UK-based hospitality software business has named Andrew Metcalfe to the newly created role of chief technology officer, at the same time committing to double its UK-based development team. Metcalfe's CV includes stints at OpenTable where he held roles such as head of search engineering and head of international engineering. He joins Guestline from Ve Interactive where he ran teams in the UK, Spain, Romania and France as part of his CTO role.
TrustYou grows in APAC
Tuesday 22 August:
- The reputation management platform has named Alex Tan as its new senior director for enterprise sales for Asia-Pacific. He recently joined the business from HRS and has held senior roles in the region with WorldHotels, Pegasus, CWT and GTA.
Scowsill gets reality check
- Travel industry veteran David Scowsill has been named as CEO of EON Reality Inc, a California-based business which claims to be the "de-facto standard for Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality based knowledge transfer software." Scowsill was president and CEO of the WTTC from 2010 until earlier this summer. His CV includes senior roles at Hilton International, British Airways and Opodo, with his travel career starting with American Airlines in 1991.
Tuesday 15 August:
- The Glasgow-based travel tech specialist is opening an office in Dubai and has named Vinod Singh as regional manager for Middle East and India, with Vivek Katheriya joining as regional sales manager, India and MENA. Singh has worked as a business development manager for Amadeus India.
Sabre adds new CTO
- Sabre has named Vish Saoji as chief technology officer (CTO). He joins from GE Healthcare Digital, where he was CTO for software engineering and has worked for GE Digital, EMC and Oracle. With recently appointed CIO Joe DiFonzo Sabre now has two top-level execs dedicated to technology management. His appointment also completes Sabre's senior leadership team.
Monarch strengthens senior team
Tuesday 8 August:
- Richard Singer, formerly president of Travelzoo Europe, is taking over as managing director for Monarch Holidays, the tour operating unit of the UK-based airline. He replaces Richard Francis who becomes deputy finance director for the Monarch Group. Elsewhere, Richard Jewsbury will take on the newly-create role of chief corporate development officer for the group. He joins from Emirates.
Dublin welcomes Guestline
- The hospitality IT business is opening an office in Dublin, marking the start of its European expansion. It has also named Clio O’Gara as its country manager for Ireland. She joins from Irish hotel chain Gleneagle Group where she was chief marketing officer.
New COO for ITQ
Thursday 3 August
- India's InterGlobe Technologies Quotient has named Sandeep Dwivedi chief operating officer, moving him from his current role as chief commercial officer. ITQ is best known as the official distributor for Travelport products across six markets in Asia-Pacific, including India.
Datalex names China sales VP
Wednesday 2 August
- The Dublin-listed retailing tech specialist has named Sai Li as its vice president of sales, China, tasked with growing its business in China and the region. He joins from Amadeus and has also worked for Skyscanner in China. His CV also includes time in Singapore with Hainan Airlines.
Malaysia launches lab
- Malaysia Airlines has launched its first in-house innovation lab, iSpace, saying that the opening marks the third phase of its digital transformation. Tata Consultancy Services, IBM Bluemix, Amadeus, Telekom Malaysia and University of Malaya are partnering with the airline in the initiative.
New CCO for OnyxCenterSource
- The hotel commission payment and recovery specialist has named Don Kelly as chief commercial officer. He brings 25 years experience to the role, including stints at Cvent and Hilton in the US. He has also worked for Accor and Sofitel in France.
Image by Shutterstock.