This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel SYSTEMS in tourism and hospitality for February 2016.
Friday 26 February 2016:
Concur gets Gett
- The taxi app for official black cabs in the UK will be available to all Concur customers as part of the agreement. The integration will see the service available on the Concur App Center, with fares and other expense-related requirements included in a customer's existing Concur dashboard.
unveils new Analyzer tool
Wednesday 24 February 2016:
- The business intelligence tool is now in its seventh incarnation will be available as a SaaS-based system on the web. A new user interface has also been developed to help customers with data visualisation, speed and accessibility.
Vayant searches for FlyDubai
Business Travel Direct
- The Middle East-based airline will use Vayant's OneSearch and Repricer tools as part of a programme to enhance its sales platform. The two tools will allow FlyDubai to integrate ATPCO-led sales offers across its web and agency channels.
- Concur's Compleat and TripLink products will be integrated into UK-based BTD's platform as part of the agreement. Business travel customers will be able to use Compleat and TripLink to track bookings not made through the traditional TMC interface.
gets local with Localeur
Thursday 18 February 2016:
- Content from Localeur, a specialist in finding places for people to eat, drink and ways to experience a destination, will be integrated into JetBlue's digital and social media channels. Localeur has guides and tips for destinations across the JetBlue network, and is expected to expand internationally in the future.
Cornerstone Information Systems launches TravelOptix
- The tech provider has created the data analytics platform for travel buyers and travel management companies. Customers can use the dashboard to view "trend lines" on travel behaviour, where cost savings can be made, and any issues around policy enforcement.
Wednesday 17 February 2016:
- Leonardo will supply multi-media content to MakeMyTrip, HotelTravel and EasyToBook as part of the agreement, as well as creating digital brochures. The deal is an extension of an existing agreement between Leonardo and EasyToBook.
Concur extends TripLink service
The Cruise Line
- TripLink, a platform from Concur that allows corporate travellers to organise and manage their bookings across all sectors, including those that happen outside of existing corporate programmes, will be available to users in German and France. Partners include TripLink partners include AccorHotels, Airbnb, Air Canada, Avis, Booking.com, Etihad Airways, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), Sixt and United.
swims with Dolphin
Friday 12 February 2016:
- The luxury cruise trip specialist has upgraded its workflow management dashboard, courtesy of a Dolphin Dynamics-hosted platform. The new dashboard covers enquiry management, cruise details, payment controls, as well as the ability to customise with rules for specific customer types.
AxisRooms bonds with GoldenEye
Tuesday 9 February 2016:
- The hotel distribution service has launched a new tool called GoldenEye, allowing its hotel customers to track their prices against competitor rates. The platform is aimed at revenue managers and also shows how hotels are performing on online travel agency channels.
Vayant gets Hitit PSS deal
Thursday 4 February 2016:
- The airline and airport system provider will use the OneSearch and Repricer platforms from Vayant as part of an integration project between the pair. Hitit's customer base of 16 airlines will use the Vayant tools for their customer search and pricing services.
Alibaba picks OAG for Alitrip platform
- The Chinese ecommerce giant has enlisted the travel data specialist to provide real-time schedules, flight statuses and analytics tools for its Alitip travel service. Products in the deal include OAG's Dynamic Schedules, giving Alitrip access to data from 900 airlines around the world.
offers First Class Treatment
Wednesday 3 February 2016:
- The traveller-agency connection service will give its agency customers a virtual assistant-type product, allowing them to create itineraries for customers that feature pictures, maps and city guides. The itineraries will be available in both mobile and paper format.
Qantas streamlines its boarding pass process in Australia
- Later in February, all domestic passengers checking in via the web or the airline's app will, by default, get an electronic boarding pass directto their mobile device. Apple Watch feature integration is upcoming, the airline said.
partners with Mozio
, the airport ground transportation booking brand
Tuesday 2 February 2016:
- The airline will use Mozio to deliver efficient door-to-door connectivity to their passengers. Mozio's tech lets travelers search for and book the right option for them in more than 2,000 airports in 150 countries.
Hotelogix creates API
- The tool lets hotels and chains create their own property management system apps to operate front desk services and housekeeping. The service can eventually be branded for the hotel and then made available to a property's staff.
has groups under its wing
- The carrier has launched Our Trip on its website, allowing one person to set up and manage a group travel plan. The pilot projeect is only available on flights from the UK to the USA, Canada or Mexico.
creates rate shopping tool
- The system is available on it's RezRate platform and gives hotels the chance to view competitor pricing against a property's own rates. Revenue managers can also monitor various rates within a property including BAR, promotional and packages prices.
NB: Travel systems image
- The Italian tour operator will use Intuitive's iVector reservation platform to push its holidays to both domestic and international markets. The partnership will coincide with the launch a new business covering travel to Sicily.