This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel SYSTEMS in tourism and hospitality for February 2015.
Friday 20 February 2015:
AMEX launches disruption management platform
- AX Connect works by integrating real-time flight status updates and tracking information into a service to notify travel managers on behalf of their employees. It then allows managers to communicate with staff when disruption occurs so they can manage new trip arrangements on-the-go.
wins Forte Village
Thursday 19 February 2015:
- The luxury property chain from the South Coast of France will use FastBooking's attraction and channel manager tools at its seven hotels, and its GDS platform on six. The technology will give the chain access to wider distribution channels around the world, as well as manage sales and revenue in-house.
Datalex wins Swiss International deal
- The Ireland-based technology provider will work with Swiss on product and revenue management tools. The Datalex platform includes the ability to create dynamic pricing for passengers using the carrier.
- The joint venture between Priceline and Hutchison Whampoa, which operates the Priceline brand in Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan, will use Travelport's Universal API platform to power its booking engine online. Services include air, hotels, car hire and rail, as well as some additional airline merchandising products.
for corporate recognition
- The ALTEA-hosted system will allow the airline to identify the type of passenger using its services at the time of booking on generic platforms. The idea behind the patent-pending tool is that Lufthansa will be able to then serve specific offers or products to corporate customers at the moment they first engage with the airline.
gets agent distribution via Travelport
Wednesday 11 February:
- The APAC-focused tours and activities platform will feature in the Rooms & More service provided by Travelport to its agency customers. Rooms & More is an agency desktop product which allows customers to select accommodation as well as other travel services such as car hire and things to do.
ICE Portal lands Room Key content role
Lot Polish Airlines
- The super-brand hotel metasearch service will use ICE Portal's Visual-ICE system to provide images and videos and 360-degree tours into the website. Content is available from around 40,000 hotels and resorts worldwide.
partners with CarTrawler
- Lot passengers will have access to a direct connection to more than 1,300 car rental suppliers following an exclusive agreement with CarTrawler.
hires ex-Googler as CTO
- The multi-modal metasearch engine has brought in Kacper Nowicki to run its technology division. Nowicki previously built Google's Polish engineering team and worked on search, infrastructure and cloud-based products for the search giant.
Send links or releases for travel systems direct to Tnooz via email
NB2: Systems image via Shutterstock.