Scooping $250,000 from General Catalyst Partners is clearly a rather nice way for TourWrist to end its involvement in this year's Travel Innovation Summit at the PhoCusWright Conference.
The company, which actually launched back in the summer of 2010, showcased, and wowed the judges, with its virtual tour panoramic (known as pano) capture and viewer technology.
- The DEMO Award for the Most Game-Changing Innovation: TourWrist
- The 2012 Travel Innovation Summit People's Choice Award: Rome2rio
- The Most Innovative Startup Company: WeHostels
- The Most Innovative Emerging Company: TourWrist
- The Most Innovative Established Company: Tagman
- The Most Innovative Business to Business Company: Tagman
- The Most Innovative Businss to Consumer Company: Couchsurfing
Here is an example of TourWrist in action:
And here is what TourWrist did at the Tnooz Appy Hour this week: