Gone are the days when travel brands think about device (mobile, tablet, PC) specific traffic.
Nowadays, it's a lot more (or should be) about cross-usage of devices in travel planning/booking - for example, how many users of my site are searching in mobile and ending up booking in a tablet.
A recent study by Google
says that 59% of travellers want to book travel products "whenever they can" and "wherever they can".
An infographic by Monetate
brings out more details about these digitally active travellers. Key pointers from the infographic are below:
- 40% consumers plan trips on smartphones and tablets
- 32% of business travellers under the age 30 use smartphones to book their travel
- 74% of travel consumers who use tablets are under the age of 45
- 7.5% of all online travel bookings are from tablets
- Hyper-connected travellers spend 30% more than less-connected travellers
NB:Multiple devices image via Shutterstock.