Tablets are converting better than other mobile devices according to a recent study of UK mobile travel searchers.
The UK Mobile Path to Purchase
report from xAd
and conducted by Nielsen, shows 53% of tablet searchers have made a purchase compared to 41% of smartphone searchers.
The study also shows how key pricing is, with price comparison sites coming top in mobile travel activity and a quarter saying they make a purchase based on price.
Brand preference and price were given as the top two reasons for making a purchase with a third saying they already had a brand in mind.
More details are handily displayed in the infographic below but here are a few highlights:
- Almost half of mobile travel searchers make a purchase with about a third completing it on their mobile device
- 31% say they plan to purchase within a day while 60% say within a month or longer
- Most mobile travel searches are conducted for flights (81%) followed by hotels (67%)
- 55% of travel searchers say they are researching a planned purchase
- More mobile travel research is conducted while at home - 83% for tablets and 46% for smartphones
Nielsen surveyed 1,500 smartphone and tablet users for the study as well as drawing intelligence from its Smartphone Analytics Panel of 6000 Apple and Android users.