This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel MARKETING in tourism and hospitality for December 2015.
Friday 21 December 2015:
Flight Centre acquires StudentUniverseFriday 18 December 2015:
Ceetiz drives with Hertz
Thursday 17 December 2015:
- The pair have created a dedicated site for those looking to secure tickets for activities and other things-to-do in a location when they book their car rental service. Ceetiz has product in more than 200 destinations around the world.
Cheapflights goes big on TV campaign
- The Momondo Group-run metasearch service will run the new ad campaign in the UK from Christmas Day and then throughout January on various TV, cinema, outdoor and social media channels. The clip stars Jacob Tomuri, a stunt double for actor Tom Hardy.
Greece starts destination push
Friday 11 December, 2015
- The campaign is being run by Athens International Airport and Marketing Greece in a bid to promote the capital city's appeal as a city break destination. "Speak Aθenian. Be an Aθenian. #ImAnAthenian" will run in target markets as a digital advertising campaign and will have a series of iterations throughout 2016.
Holland America Line partners with Utrip
Portsmouth International Port
- Cruise passengers have access to a personalised planning tool following a deal between Holland America Line and Utrip. The cruiseline's website will enable passengers to access and create personalised content in Destination Guides.
NB: Marketing image
- Kiosks have been placed around the port providing information for arriving passengers in English, French and Spanish. The EU-funded pods provide weather information, details of port facilities,transport options and local accommodation and attractions.