This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel DEVICES in tourism and hospitality for April 2015.
Tuesday 21 April 2015
Cleartrip makes time for Apple Watch app
Thursday 16 April 2015:
- Cleartrip is claiming to be the first Indian OTA to have a presence on the Apple Watch. Its Cleartrip for Apple Watch app shows users a list of their upcoming trips. Within 24 hours of departure the display will show flight number, status and departure time. The app can also show notifications from airlines about delays, reschedulings or cancellations.
EasyJet launches Mobile Host app feature
Tuesday 14 April 2015:
- The system, built by Mobile Travel Technologies, is being rolled out initially at EasyJet's biggest base at Gatwick Airport, giving passengers the chance to get personalised instructions via their mobile device. Mobile Host delivers check-in reminders, directions to departures and real-time gate and baggage notifications. It will be available in seven languages.
HotelTonight updates its user interface
Monday 13 April 2015:
- The on-demand hotel booking app has refreshed its look and design for Apple devices. Swiping is now possible. There's also rate-tracking. The details are here.
TripAdvisor gets a glance on Apple Watch
- TripAdvisor now has an app for Apple Watch enabling users to access reviews, ratings and images of hotels, restaurants and attractions. The service makes use of the device's 'Glances' feature by using GPS to give users recommendations based on what's nearby. Walking directions and the ability to save favourite places are also part of app.
clocks in with Apple Watch app
- The Expedia-owned accommodation booking service will have its app ready for the device's launch later this month. Users will be able to check and be notified about any forthcoming reservations, including obtaining directions on a map to the property. Last-minute availability will also be featured on the app. The company claims its existing apps have been downloading 40 million times so far.
also chiming in on the Apple Watch
Friday 3 April 2015:
- Spottly, a Hong-Kong based service for finding nearby places of interest, has also developed an app for Apple Watch. The app notifies users if they are nearby an already saved place and provides walking directions to the place.
EasyJet unveils video to promote mobile boarding passes
- The funny 30-second spot is designed to remind passengers that they can now use their mobile devices at gates in airport terminals.
Egencia brings TripNavigator service to iPad
- The corporate travel agency's existing mobile application will now be available as an app for the tablet device. Users can access and manage their travel itineraries, book hotels and use the Egencia AssistMe concierge service. The app is available in 16 languages.
Send links or releases related to travel devices directly to Tnooz via email
NB2: Travel image via Shutterstock.