Tnooz is teaming up with WIT-Web In Travel to drive innovation and inspire entrepreneurs at this year’s WITovation Entrepreneur Bootcamp.
The event is being held in conjunction with the WIT Conference in Singapore on Monday 18 October 2010, ahead of the main conference sessions on 19 and 20 October.
WIT takes place in conjunction with ITB Asia every year.
Tnooz will help drive the call for entries to the WITovation competition and also showcase them in our TLabs channel.
The WITovation competition is open to entrepreneurs who have a compelling business idea in the digital travel space, want to be mentored by a specially-assembled panel of experts and need access to funding channels.
Those shortlisted will have the opportunity to attend the Bootcamp in Singapore and have their ideas and business plans workshopped with a panel of mentors who come from a wide range of backgrounds, interests and markets.
The winners of the Bootcamp will then go on to pitch their business plan to a panel of investors at the WIT Conference on October 19-20.
"Central to Tnooz's mission is sourcing news and information about fresh, disruptive and innovative travel ideas," says Gene Quinn, Tnooz CEO. "We are pleased to be the media partner with Web In Travel at WITovation and the WIT Conference at this gathering of entrepreneurs and innovators from Asia-Pacific travel markets.
WITovation’s mentors for 2010:
- Andrew McGlinchey, head of products, Southeast Asia, Google
- Brett Henry, vice president marketing, Abacus International
- Hrush Bhatt, founder, Cleartrip
- Loh Lik Peng, hotelier and restaurateur, Singapore
- Martin Symes, CEO, Wego
- Morris Sim, co-founder and CEO, Circos Brand Karma
- Timothy Hughes, vice president commercial, Orbitz Worldwide and HotelClub [Tnooz node]
- Timothy O’Neil-Dunne, CTO, Lute [Tnooz node]
- William Bao Bean, partner, Softbank China & India Holdings
- Wu Hai, founder & CEO, Orange Hotel Group.
“It’s great to work with Tnooz on this project,” says Yeoh Siew Hoon, producer and editor of WIT, who is also one of Tnooz’s global nodes
. “We share a common aim – to encourage innovation and to create more entrepreneurs in the digital travel space.”
WITovation is open to startups from zero to three years old. Entries should be submitted to WITovation@webintravelcom. The deadline for submission is August 1 2010.
NB: Full details.