This is a roundup of news and announcements for PEOPLE moves in travel, tourism and hospitality for January 2016:
Monday 25 January 2016
Laterooms boss moves out of travel
- Jesper With-Fogstrup has left his position as chief executive officer for laterooms.com and joined UK-based price comparison site comparethemarket.com as chief operating officer. Before laterooms, he worked for Kuoni as senior VP for global hotel sourcing and before that had a number of positions with GTA by Travelport.
New MD for GrabTaxi
- Transportation app GrabTaxi has named Ridzki Kramadibrata as its managing director for Indonesia. GrabTaxi is southeast Asia's contributor to the Rides Everywhere alliance, founded by Lyft and Didi. India's Ola is the other member of the global rideshare brand.
appoints another NDC envoy
Wednesday 20 January 2016:
- Caroline Strachan, managing partner at consultancy Festive Road, is taking on the role of NDC Business Travel Envoy for IATA during 2016. She will work with Festive Road's other managing partner, Paul Tilstone, on a number of projects to help the business travel community understand NDC.
Yatra gets a new CMO
Tuesday 19 January 2016:
- Vikrant Mudaliar becomes chief marketing officer at the India-based online travel agency, his first role in the travel industry. He joins from Lenskart and has previously held senior marketing positions at Tata Sky, General Motors and Pepsi.
SnapShot appoints first CEO
Monday 18 January 2016:
- Stefan Twaraser becomes the hotel analytics and management tool's first official CEO, working alongside co-founders David Turnbull and Michael Heinze. He joined the company in December 2015, following stints country director for Google between 2008 and 2013, head of marketing retail at A1 and a period at McKinsey from 1998 to 2003.
Hotel Internet Services gets new VP of sales
- Bob Johnson will work at the company's California, US, office with a brief to oversee the expansion of its North American commercial team. Johnson was most recently a startup consultant and has previously worked for EarthLink, RealWorld and Diskeeper.
Thursday 14 January 2016:
- Events and ticketing platform Eventbrite has named Matt Rosenberg as its chief revenue officer. He steps up from his current role as senior vice president of global sales and business development.
Seattle sound for GrabTaxi
- Southeast Asian transportation app GrabTaxi has appointed Raman Narayanan to run its new US engineering and development centre in Seattle. GrabTaxi - which is part of the Rides Everywhere alliance with Lyft, Didi Kuaidi and Ola - said it will not be launching the brand in the US.
London calling for Travel Tripper
Mobile Travel Technologies
- Hotel IT specialist Travel Tripper has announced the team to run its newly-opened London office. John Power, vice president of EMEA sales, is in charge and will be supported by John Bradley as head of sales and Andres Gil as head of business development. Levi Silver also joins the team.
Wednesday 13 January 2016:
- MTT says its adding 70 roles at its Dublin headquarters in the next six months across it's technical and commercial teams. The mobile travel specialist, which was acquired recently acquired by Travelport, says the expansion
Meetings.com hires hotel exec
Tuesday 12 January 2016:
- The online meeting and group planning service will have Ross Hosking in the new role of president. The HotelPlanner-owned business has snapped up Hosking from Wyndham Worldwide, where he was executive vice president for almost seven years. He has previously worked for Starwood, Sheraton and Hyatt.
RezNext appoints new president
Monday 11 January 2016:
- Zubin Bilimoria joins distribution technology company as president of revenue management service, joining from Profitroom. Prior to his role there as MD for India, Bilimoria was MD for India at ResNet World and has also worked for TraveTech Business Solutions (as CEO) and Trust International.
DHISCO dances with special advisor
Thursday 7 January 2016:
- The hotel distribution platform will have Douglas Carr working for it in the new role. He currently is executive director for distribution at FRHI Hotels and Resorts and also serves as vice president of the board at trade group HEDNA.
Traveldoo appoints new CEO
Wednesday 6 January 2016:
- Stephane Donders will take over the reins at the Egencia-owned travel management software provider, based in Paris, France. He joins from Meilleuregestion, where he was general manager, following a stint between 2006 and 2009 at KDS. Donders replaces Nabih El Aroussi who left in May 2015.
Triptease brings in marketing veteran
- Elliott Pritchard joins the company, creator of the hotel price widget, as its chief marketing officer. He was previously CMO at European online travel agency, Travel Republic, with other roles including stints at Kuoni and P&O Cruises. Away from travel, Pritchard has worked for 3M and Motorola.
gets a VP of operations
- Tina Upson has been promoted to the role with the vacation rental IT provider from director of support and implementation. She has been with the company since it was founded in 2008.
New boss for Newmarket
- Lee Horgan has taken over from Jeff Hiscox as CEO of Newmarket, an Amadeus company. Horgan has worked for the hotel IT specialist for more than twenty years and is promoted to the top job from his role as chief technology officer.
promotes from within
- China's eLong has named David Zhou as its chief operating officer with immediate effect. He is promoted from chief strategy officer, a role he has held since July last year.
eyes up US
- UK-based representation company HotelRez has named Ray Sims as its new vice president of business development for the Americas. He joins from Genares, a hotel IT company bought by Sabre in 2014, where he was senior VP of sales.
image via Shutterstock.